34. Imagination

Nina's POV:

Ian is coming home from New York tomorrow night. I should prepare something special for him. I haven't seen him for almost two months. I really, really miss him. He told me that he's going straight to my house right after he landed. I told him I could pick him up at the airport but he insisted that I should just stay at home. Of course he doesn't fail to tell me every detail about Nikki's trip to New York. He said he have not heard anything from Nikki since then. I really hope she would finally stop throwing herself at my boyfriend. I looked at my wristwatch to check the time. I decided to go to the grocery store to go shopping for my special plan tomorrow.

I'm already at the grocery store with a push cart. I've already got lots of stuffs in my cart. I am at the meat section when I saw Nikki. She's just ten steps away from me but she didn't see me yet. So I decided to leave the meat section already without getting what I needed to avoid her.

"Nina?" She said, oh shoot she saw me. I turn around to face her. Her eyes roam around the grocery store as if she's looking for someone.

"Are you with Ian?" she said slowly. Oh right, she's looking for Ian that's why her eyes is everywhere. I shook my head.

"No, he's still in New York. Filming." I replied. I've really got no plans to tell her that Ian is coming home tomorrow night. She didn't speak for a moment.

"Okay." She said silently. She is about to leave.

"How's your trip in New York?" I asked with a little mockery in my voice. Her brown eyes met mine.

"It's good. I had so much fun." She said flatly. Liar, I thought to myself.

"Have you and Ian got the chance to talk?" I asked her, pretending that Ian haven't already told me about it yet. She smiles, a triumphant smile.

"He didn't told you?" she asked me still smiling. You idiot you think that Ian will keep things from me like that? Go on, think like you're winning this.

"Told me what?" I played dumb. Her smile becomes wider.

"Nothing, we just had super fun. We had candle lit dinner and then after that we talked in his hotel room about random stuffs while drinking a sparkling wine." She said. She is totally bragging about it. Liar, your imagination is really wild huh? I thought to myself.

"Oh well, I should leave. Bye Nina, see you around." She said. She's so full of herself. I didn't respond. Then she stormed off. I let her think that she's winning. I think I deserve a pat on the back for what I did. I really can't contain my laughter after she left. After that I finished shopping for my groceries and went home.

---------------------------------------------

It's already dinner time. I think I'll just order myself a pizza. I immediately ran upstairs to my room to change in to comfortable clothes. I checked my phone to see if Ian has left a text message. He didn't, it's been six hours since the last time he texted me. This never happened before.

'Are you still busy?' I texted him.

I went downstairs and I'm about to order a pizza when my doorbell rang. I am not expecting any visitors. I wonder who it is. I walked towards the front door and opened it. My mouth fell open when I saw Ian standing in front of me. I blinked rapidly because I thought that I was just hallucinating because I miss him so much. My imaginary Ian flashed a smile at me.

"What aren't you excited to see me?" imaginary Ian asked. I am still not responding. I must be really hungry. Ian is still in New York, that's what he told me.

"Babe are you okay?" imaginary Ian said again and then he touched my hand. I felt his soft and warm hand against mine. I smiled. This is not my imagination at all, it's real. A huge grin spread across my face and I throw my arms rounds him and hugged him tightly.

"I've missed you." I said. He chuckles.

"I've missed you too." He whispered against my neck. We both pulled out from the hug and we're both still smiling like an idiot.

"I've brought dinner." He said while showing me the plastic bag in his hand.

"Good, I'm starving." I said and then we both laughed.

When we are finally inside Ian went upstairs to change into comfortable clothes while I prepare our food in the kitchen. I am standing by the kitchen counter top when he suddenly hugged me from behind and placed a soft wet kiss on my cheek.

"Hey." I said while giggling.

Both of us are settled on the dining table and then we started eating our food.

"You're such a liar." I told him. His gaze met mine.

"What?" He asked bemusedly.

"You told me that you're coming home tomorrow night and yet here you are." I said, he laughed a little.

"I wanted to surprise you." He said and then he reached for my hand and he kissed the top of it.

"Anyways, the red carpet premier for my new movie will be in two weeks. I was wondering if maybe you could come with me?" He asked, I can't help but smile. We haven't walked the red carpet together for such a long time.

"Hmmm, let me think about it." I joked and then we both laughed.

"Okay, I will be your date." I said with a smile.

---------------------------------------------

"You look exhausted. We should probably go to sleep already." I said to him once we're inside my bedroom. He nods.

"I'll just take a quick shower." He said. I nod at him while smiling.

While I was waiting for Ian I decided to read a magazine while lying on the bed. When he came out of the bathroom he's already wearing his pj's. He lay next to me on the bed. I can smell soap and shampoo on him. He caressed my shoulder and I smiled because of his gentle touch. Then he started caressing my cheek and I can see that he is looking at me with eyes full of love.

"I love you Nina." He said in almost a whisper. I can't help but smile.

"I love you too Ian." I replied in a soft voice. Then our lips met. His soft and smooth lips placed into mine. I've missed this. I've missed everything about him. His hand is now placed on the small of my back, causing me to pin my body against his. The kiss lasted for a while. Then he wrapped his arms around me and we both drift off to sleep. 

-------------------------------------------------

Thank y'all so much for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked this chapter! :)