Chapter 2

"Ay, puta!"

Alyssa was surprised when someone grabbed her elbow. Only to find out it was Kiefer.

It's 10 minutes past 5, and she hates being late, even if this isn't her event. Even if she doesn't want to go.

She's thankful that she was employed by the mother company of the club team she is in. That gives her flexibility in adjusting her schedule at work and in playing volleyball. But with Sarah's wedding, she has to ask to be excused from her coach to be a wee bit late than the 5:30 PM call time for practice today.

Of which she was given that favor, and she's running late.

Kiefer clucked his tongue, "Grabe naman sa mura." Alyssa shrugged off his hand, and readjusted the strap of her gym bag on her shoulder. "Teka, 'di ba ang usapan, dun na tayo sa UCC magkikita-kita?" she asked.

Kiefer opened the door of the car for her. "Ang gara, nakapagpark ka dito sa tapat ng building," she noticed, and looked at Kiefer, "Mayaman ka nga." Kiefer rolled his eyes, "Just get in."

She got inside the car, and put on her seatbelt, "Kaya ko naman takbuhin to papuntang UCC e."

Kiefer sighed, "Magpinsan nga kayo ni Sarah. You're both so difficult."

Alyssa zipped her mouth. This isn't how she expected things will be with her future cousin-in-law.

They were both silent as he drove them to the meeting place. As soon as they arrived, Sarah and the wedding organizer were there, chatting like good buddies.

Sarah turned from her seat and beamed at them, "You're here." She tilted her chin up for a kiss from Kiefer.

"Sorry, we're late. My fault," Alyssa hurriedly explained, and Sarah just smiled at her, "Better you're here than never at all."

They were quickly introduced and they started discussing about the plans and expectations.

"So tomorrow, we can go see and check your wedding rings for fitting, then Friday, fitting for your gown...," the wedding organizer excitedly called out. Kiefer's arms were around Sarah, and Sarah squeezed his hand that is draped on her shoulder.

"Food tasting on Sunday, 2pm, pero you will go by the back entrance. There will be a wedding kase so just to keep it organized," the wedding coordinator emphasized. She looked at their faces for confirmation.

Alyssa smiled at the mention of food, "Dun na lang ako sa food tasting, Sa." Sarah giggled, "Mabibitin ka lang, Ly. As in taste lang 'yan, hanggang dila.

Sarah turned to the wedding organizer, thanked her and scheduled their next touch base meeting, considering they barely have 3 weeks.

"So tomorrow, after volleyball practice, daanan ka namin ni Kiefer for the wedding ring fitting, okay," Sarah reiterated as they dropped off Alyssa for her volleyball practice.

Alyssa thanked them for the ride, and turned her attention to Sarah, "May dress code ba yun or what?" Sarah shook her head, "Come as you are."

"Yun," Alyssa sighed in relief, "Matagal ba yun?" Sarah shrugged, "I wouldn't know."

"Sana di gaano," Alyssa murmured, then tapped on the car for goodbye, "Wala pa akong dinner nun e."

****************

"Besh," Ella asked, zipping up her bag, "Ibig mong sabihin, like a shotgun wedding?"

"Parang di naman, kase hindi naman buntis pinsan ko or something," Alyssa mused, "More of a whirlwind romance? Ngayon ko lang nga narinig pangalan ng boyfriend niya na yun e."