Chapter 16

The next day, he found himself dribbling the ball on the half-court at their backyard.

The pink rosy fingers of dawn has started to streak the blue sky, and he was topless, sweating.  He has had a few minutes of run, and now, it's shooting hoops.

He could feel the tension on his knees when he tries to make a sudden move, but it's more of like a numb feeling, of not being used for a long time.  But all the same, he is afraid, too.  Afraid that he'd have to go through the long painful process, afraid he'll be rendered useless.

He focused his eyes on the rim, willing his arm to remember how it used to be.  He raised them, and released the ball...

Swish.

He loved how it sounded.  He loved how it feels, the rubber on his hand.

He moved a bit farther.  He released another shot.

Swish.

Never fails.  He grinned.

He wants it this time.  He wants to give himself a chance to get back in the game.

He saw the joy in Alyssa's face everytime she plays, everytime she hits a powerful spike.  It's as if she lived for that moment.  It piqued his curiosity... It has been a long time, or something he tried to bury in his subconscious mind.

He would still watch basketball games, but he'd rather watch if it isn't his former team playing.  It hurts so much, he feels numb.  Yes, he could definitely go back and play, but he still carry the burden of seeing his grandfather in bed longer than him recuperating from his injury. 

But he could hear her voice getting louder every time he steps on a basketball court, every time he is in a sports gym... May mga bagay na kelangan ilaban...

He turned to look at her bedroom window, but found her by the kitchen.  Maybe brewing coffee. Or something.

"Ly!" he called out to her.  At first, she doesn't seem to have heard him.  "Alyssa!" he called a little louder again.  He saw her peek through the window.  Then turned around.  Maybe she doesn't feel like talking to him in the morning.  After what happened yesterday.

After a while, he saw her step out the sliding door by the dining room, carrying a tray.  She laid it on top of the table in the veranda.

She's wearing an oversized polo, and her hair in a messy bun.  With a pair of fluffy bedroom slippers.  He grinned.  Cute.

She sighed.  She took her cup of hot coffee in both hands, and walked towards him.  "Good morning," she murmured when she was within earshot.

"Basketball tayo," he invited her.  She shook her head.  "Too early, Kief," she said, and turned away.  He ran towards her to block her path.  "Please?" he asked, "Just like before."

She pursed her lips to point on her cup of coffee.  Kiefer grinned and took the cup off her hands.  "Kiefer, no...," Alyssa whined, but Kiefer wouldn't hear the end of it.  He raised it high above him.  "Please," he asked again.

Alyssa dropped her shoulders.  "Okay, okay...," she replied hesitantly.  She looked at him, "Ano ba meron?"

"Magpapawis," Kiefer said, turning around and taking a sip of the coffee.  "Huy!" Alyssa protested.  "Akin na 'to!" Kiefer tried to put a distance between them.  Alyssa stopped, "Anong meron, Kief?"

Kiefer stopped, his smile fading.  He looked at her.  "I want... things, between us... back to how it was," he explained, stammering.  He stepped forward, forcing himself to smile, "Gusto ko yung dati, Ly.  Yung masaya lang tayo."

"Siguro mahahanap din naman natin si Sarah kahit na hindi tayo nagpapansinan," Alyssa replied softly.  Kiefer now stood in front of her, but she dropped her gaze.  "I miss you," he whispered back, "I miss you... as a friend." 

"I miss myself, too," she whispered, and raised her eyes to him.  He smiled a sad one, "Don't you want me... as a friend?"

"Why does it matter to you?" she asked, crossing her arms on her chest, dropping her gaze.  He tucked the wayward strands behind her ear, which surprised her, "I made a promise.  At minsan lang ako nagse-seryoso.  If I made a promise, I don't back away."  She looked at his eyes, and he smiled, "I promised to be your friend.  Even if we find Sarah.  Even then."

She slowly shook her head.  "I remember," she murmured.  She raised her face towards him, smiled a shy one, "ako pala ang nakalimot. I also promised the same thing."  Kiefer leveled his face on hers, "so... How about that game of basketball?"

She laughed.  "Can this friend back out from this, just this once?" she asked, her eyes sparkling. 

He thought he'd never hear her laugh again. "No," he smiled.

She sighed with a smile, "O sige na... Sige na..."

They lost track of time.  They battled it out on the half-court, with Alyssa and her fluffy slippers, and Kiefer continuously showing off his skills, and cheating on her.

Alyssa was trying to catch her breath, her hands on her waist, "Ang daya mo, Ravena! Ano ba pinaglalaban mo?"

He winked at her, "I want to play ball again."

Alyssa looked at him, "Like for real? Like babalik ka sa team mo?"

"Yeah, something like that," he grinned.  Alyssa grinned back.  "I'm happy... No wait! More than happy!" she screamed, and ran towards him.  Hugged him.

He knew she was back.  He could feel the warmth of her embrace, and how she is jumping in his arms.  "Whoa... Teka," he chuckled.  "Siyempre not now pa.  Like I need to be back in condition. In fighting form."

She raised her eyes, sparkling with excitement, "Kahit ano pa 'yan, Kief! Finally!"

He looked deep into her eyes, "Yes.  Finally."

Alyssa removed her eyes from him, a little self-conscious now, "We... We need to celebrate or something!  I'll treat you for -"

"Lomi," he uttered, all of the sudden.  He remembers how she would talk fondly about the Batangas Lomi.  "Treat me for a Lomi in Batangas," he said.  She looked at him curiously, "Teka... As in pupunta tayo ng Batangas? Para lang sa lomi?"

"Joyride," he winked at her.  There was that grin on her face again.

"Game!" she replied.
*********************************

They bought lomi at a local eatery near her place, and shared it with her family.  They were just happy for the sudden visit from her, and welcomed Kiefer with open arms.  Kiefer was amazed at how they could be just happy living a simple life.  They only have the basics, but the smiles are true and genuine.

Her Kuya Nicko also came to pay the family a visit, and their lomi deal extended to lunch.  It was nice catching-up with them, sans the drama.

It was hard saying goodbye, but Alyssa knew they had to get going.  Kiefer might have other plans, and she seems to have taken much of it today.

The drive home is now a better one.  They were both chatty and the car was filled with giggles and laughter.  Kiefer seems not to run out of funny anecdotes; Alyssa never seems to stop laughing.  And just like the day is never enough, Kiefer dropped by an ice cream parlor, and just for fun, bought  a big bowl of ice cream.

They do not seem to know where to start, as the ice cream was too pretty to eat, but then, they have to start eating as it started to melt.  Armed with a spoon each, they started digging on it, unaware that Jovee was around the corner, watching them being silly and playful.

"Hi," he interrupted them both.  Alyssa looked up, surprised to see Jovee alone.  "Oh, hi," she smiled at him, "Nasaan kasama mo?"

He just shrugged his shoulders, "hindi ba pwedeng solo?"  He looked at Kiefer, and greeted him, "Musta, bro?"

"Same old, same old," Kiefer responded, then pointed at a vacant seat. "Uh, awkward kase kung ishe-share namin sa 'yo," Alyssa said, looking around.  "Yeah," he scratched his nape, "Uh, napadaan lang ako.  I'm also on my way na rin."

"Sige, ingat ka," Alyssa responded, her smile a little forced.  Jovee just nodded.

Alyssa turned pensive after Jovee left.  Kiefer sighed, "mahal mo pa rin, ano?"

"Hindi naman sa ganun," she muttered.  She let out a sigh, and said, "Naninibago lang ako.  Dati, 'pag nagkikita kami, it's as if nanliligaw siya ulit sa akin. Box out kung box out ang mga kasama kong lalake, kahit alam niyang friends lang."

"So mahal mo pa rin?" he asked.  She glared at him, but there was a smile on her face.  "Makulit ka rin, ano?" He smiled.  "Halata naman e.  Pero dahil friends tayo, papaniwalaan kita," he said.

Alyssa laughed.  "Kung friends tayo, babatukan mo ako at sesermunan.  Kulang na lang, kukurutin mo ako sa singit," she pointed out. Kiefer leaned back on his chair, a smile of victory on his lips, "Kase mahal mo pa."

"Hinde," Alyssa shook her head, laughing, "Kase pinipilit ko lang ang sarili kong balikan ang mga memories, pero hindi mismo ang tao."

"He was that good?" he reached for his spoon, and took a mouthful of ice cream.  Alyssa looked outside the window, "Siguro dahil minahal ko siya.  Minahal ko siya ng totoo."

"Then, maybe it deserves a second chance?" he inquired, and Alyssa just laughed.  "Naka-second, third... I lost count," she said, licking on her spoon.

"Ang swerte naman niya," he mused, and Alyssa raised an eyebrow.  "Usually, girls are vengeful.  And guys like to stray. Nasa DNA na ata namin," he chuckled, and Alyssa smiled.  "Pero he must have been special, at kaya mo siyang patawarin ng paulit ulilt," he said, biting into a cookie that have been on the side of the dish.

"It was only good, until napagod na rin ako. Napapagod na rin pala ako. Paulit ulit na lang ang eksena namin," she said pensively.  "Napagod na rin ako, at narealize ko rin na hindi na kami magkita eye-to-eye.  Sabi nga ni Ella, hinahawakan ko na lang ang feeling of being in love, pero not really being in love," she took another spoon of the ice cream.

They were quiet for a time, until Kiefer blurted out, "Buti at naikukwento mo na ng parang casual lang ang nangyari sa inyo?"

"Matagal na rin kase... Pero andun pa rin ang memories," Alyssa stole a glance at him, at back to the ice cream.  "Naging masaya din naman ako sa kanya," she concluded.  "Gusto mo ba siyang balikan?" he asked, playing with his spoon.  Alyssa shook her head, "Tama na ang minsan ko siyang minahal."

"Good," he said, "mahalin mo rin sarili mo.  Para pagdating ng araw na kaya mo ng magmahal, buo ka na ulit.  At wala kang panghihinayangan.  You'll enjoy the process ulit."

Alyssa looked at him, smiling, "Salamat.  Darating din tayo diyan."  She dipped her spoon on the melted ice cream, and started slurping on it, "Sa palagay mo ba, magiging katulad pa rin sa dati pag bumalik na si Sarah?"

"Paanong maging katulad ng dati?" he asked.  "Tipong kaya niyong i-pick up ang pieces then move forward.  Tipong pagdating ni Sarah, it's as if hindi siya nawala," she said, and Kiefer couldn't help but sigh.  She looked at him, "Bakit ka nalungkot?"

"It's... It's just...," he gave up, and said, "Things will never be the same.  Simula ng umalis si Sarah before the wedding.  There is something that was broken between us.  And I'm not sure paano namin maaayos 'yun."

Alyssa reached for his hand, and he looked at them, "Baka natakot lang talaga siya.  Have faith.  Maybe she wasn't ready?"  Then she returned to eating the ice cream, "Ang next na tanong is: will she be ready this time?"

Kiefer scrunched his brows together, "If she comes back, that just means she's ready."  He stared at her, as if dissecting her being, but somehow, he also looks as if he is far away.  Alyssa waved her spoon at him, to catch his attention, "Okay ka lang? 'Wag kang mag-alala, mauubos din natin 'to."

Kiefer gave her a half-smile, then for a minute, was silent.  Alyssa went back to eating, when he suddenly blurted out, "Can you keep a secret?"

"Su-sure," she responded, feeling the tension, the intensity of what he wanted to say.  Kiefer stared at her, as if deliberating for the last second, dropped his head, and murmured, "I'm not looking forward to seeing Sarah anymore."

"Pakiulit?" Alyssa asked, after being stunned for a few minutes.

He sighed, "I'm ... I'm not looking forward to seeing Sarah anymore.  As if I've reached an anti-climactic point."

"But... But...," Alyssa sputtered, trying to control her thoughts.

It was Kiefer's turn to reach for her hand, "Look, we'll still look for Sarah, okay? I'm... I'm just telling you this.  As a friend."

Alyssa looked at him, confused, not sure what to think.  She shook her head, and Kiefer squeezed her hand, "Sana hindi ko na lang sinabi sa 'yo."

Alyssa was silent, not looking at him,  He felt that she was afraid of what is to come, "Ly, I promised we'll find Sarah, okay?  We'll find-"

"Then pagkatapos?  What happens?" Alyssa asked, searching his eyes for answers.

"Forget it," he murmured, and took his spoon to finish off their bowl. 

Alyssa stopped eating, and washed off her mouth with water, willing it to drown all her anxieties.  When they were done, both were silent as they went to the parking lot to head for home.

"Ly," Kiefer blurted out, after they have secured their seatbelt, "Just... Just forget what I said."

She nodded.  He sighed.

As soon as they reached home, Alyssa alighted from the car, and went straight to her room.  She dropped on her bed, and buried her head beneath the pillows.

A soft knock on the door.  She closed her eyes. 

Kiefer stepped in, and slowly closed the door.  "Ly?"

She wanted to be alone for a minute.  But it would just be prolonging the agony.  She slowly sat up, and sighed.

He sat beside her, by the edge of the bed.  "I didn't mean to make it sound like I'm giving up the search for Sarah.  I still intend to look for her," he said.  "But today, and the months we've been together, you made me think things...," he continued, "Like living the life you want.  Taking control.  Pursuing your dreams.  Being happy."

"I've been thinking if I'll be happy with Sarah," he murmured, dropping his head, "I've been thinking, kung magiging happy ako na maging totohanin na ang kasal namin.  But I realized hinde.  It would have given me the comforts of keeping my grandpa happy, but in the long run, it would have made me miserable."

"For a long time, I thought I know what I wanted.  Gusto ko lang naman kase ng kumportableng buhay.  Without restrictions or reservations.  And marrying at this point in my life... Feeling ko sinasakal ako.  So I wanted the easy way around:  find a mutual soul who would understand my needs, and wants," he went on.  "I thought Sarah also wanted what I wanted.  I thought she understood what I needed," he explained, "But even if she did, we'd never be happy."

"For the months that we've been together, you made me believe in dreaming again.  In the mundane things - like love.  And happiness.  The simple things, but the basic of all," he concluded, and Alyssa was silently absorbing it all.

"But the marriage...?" Alyssa asked, and Kiefer sighed, "I'll give her the freedom she deserves.  We'll have it nullified.  She wasn't there when it happened.  But..."

Alyssa looked at him, and he dropped his gaze, "That would mean dragging you again in the process.  And grandpa... I'll... I'll think of something."

He turned his gaze away from her, and somehow, she believed him.  She believes that somehow, this farce will never bring them any closer to what they wanted in the long run.  She closed her eyes, and mustered enough courage to say, "Pinasok ko na rin 'to, I might as well tumulong sa pagtatapos nito."

He squeezed it back, and said, "You really don't have to; you don't deserve to be dragged again in this."  She smiled, "Siguro purpose in life ko talaga 'to." 

"But why are you doing this? Bakit ganun na lang ang ginagawa mo for Sarah?" he asked, searching for her eyes.  She smiled back the pain in her heart, "Katulad ng ginagawa mo para sa kay Grandpa. Sa ngalan ng pamilya."

He looked at the ceiling, and drew a deep breath, "I don't deserve someone like you."

She laughed, "Don't worry, mahahanap mo rin ang para sa 'yo.  Makikita mo rin siya."

He reached for her hands, and run his thumb on the back of her palm, "Sana. Soon."
*****************************

He dropped his head on the palms of his hands.

"... However, the CCTV does not produce a high quality image, so we are not able to identify the plate number..."

He squeezed his eyes shut.

Roy noticed the change in Kiefer lately.  When before he is agitated to find Sarah, lately he seems to be out of focused, and disinterested.  "Are you with me, Kief?" he voiced out his thoughts.

"Huh?" Kiefer opened his eyes.  Roy grinned at him, and leaned forward on his table, "Do you still want to find Sarah?"

"Yeah, of course," he murmured absentmindedly.  Roy shook his head, and slid his tablet inside it's case, "No, you don't."

Kiefer sighed.  "I don't know what to do with her if we find her.  It's been so long... Grandpa is so attached to Alyssa..."

"Or are you attached to her?"

He looked at him, "I... I just need more time to think things over..."

"Like what? Para ano pa?" Roy asked.  "Look, we can just close this case, as it seems that Sarah does not want to be found."

Kiefer glanced up at him.  "Usually, if it's a case of kidnapping, we would see traces... clues... hints... But if it's too clean like this one, it's pre-meditated by the missing person," Roy pointed out.  "We can still continue and look for reasons, but it will take time, like playing cat and mouse.  Ang tanong," Roy stood up to leave, "would you be willing to wait that long, and waste that much time?"

"I promised Alyssa...," he muttered, and closed his eyes.

"Is she the reason?" he asked.  Kiefer slowly shook his head. Roy snickered, "You can never hide secrets from me, Kiefer."

"It's not like that...," Kiefer let out a sigh.  "Having Alyssa... I mean, Grandpa is now hooked on her.  He is so attached  to her... I don't know how to explain to him...," he explained.  Roy sat back down, and said, "And you're just as well attached."

"I'm not... I'm not gonna lie," he said.  "I'm so used to Alyssa, having her around...," he sighed, "Sometimes I wonder how I'll find myself a wife when..."

Roy gave him a knowing grin, "So ang lagay ngayon, naghahanap ka na ng asawa...?"

"No... of course, not," he stammered.  Then he looked at Roy, like really looked at him, "I... I don't think I'm in love with Alyssa, or even just sexually attracted to her.  It's just that... It's just that she makes me see things, yung mga kasimpleng bagay na tini-take for granted ko dati.  Like she really makes me think things... Feel things, like being happy... And laughing out loud... It's as if I have found a sister, or..."

"If that's not what being in love is, then I don't know what love is anymore," Roy grinned, and gave him a goodbye wave.

*****************************

"Kief, pasabi kay Grandpa 'di ako makahabol for dinner," Alyssa explained over the phone, while putting away her stuff in her bag.

"Nasaan ka ba?"

"May dinner kami ni Ella and Teej-"

"Yung nagbigay ng bulaklak?"

"Huh?" Alyssa removed the phone from her ear to look at it for a moment.  "Si TJ? Hindi... Naalala mo yung pinakilala ko sa 'yo na friend-"

"Siya yung nagbigay ng bulaklak, Ly.  I'm telling you.  Type ka nun," Kiefer said, while maneuvering the car on the afternoon traffic.

"Kief... Hindi nga-"
"Ly, I'm driving.  I'll tell Grandpa."

Alyssa transferred the phone to her other ear while she picked her bag, "Baka gabihin ako-"

"May pasok ka pa bukas a?"

She rolled her eyes, "Kief, ang totoo? Tatay ba kita?"

"Sino maghahatid sa 'yo pauwi?" he asked, dismissing her last statement.

"Magka-cab na lang ako," she said.  She could hear him snicker. "O, ano naman 'yan?" she asked.

"Di ka man lang kayang ihatid pauwi?" he snickered openly.

"Kief, alam ko naman paano umuwi," she said.

"Saan kayo pupunta? Sunduin na lang kita."

"Sa may UPTC lang," she replied, scrunching her brows.

"Okay, hanapin na lang kita dun.  Bye."

She looked at her phone.  What the hell was that?

Just before she could send him a text message TJ was on the phone.  "Teej," she answered.  "Nasaan na kayo ni Ella?  Antagal ninyo.  Andito na kami," he replied.

Their beach volleyball sponsor threw a mini-celebration of sorts, and invited them for an early dinner.  And it seems it would be a late afternoon event.

"On the way na ako.  Si Ella din," she replied, waiting for the GrabTaxi outside the building.

"I'll reserve a seat for you," he said.  "Ulol! Maka-reserve ka, e iilan lang tayo...," she laughed.  "Eto naman, nagiging sweet na nga sa 'yo...," he replied.  "O sige na nga, kase galing sa 'yo.  May kasama pang kilig," she chuckled.

It was common knowledge with them that Alyssa has a crush on TJ, which just remains to be a crush.  Like a kindergarten would on her teacher. 

TJ is fairly handsome, with his fair skin, bushy brows, and deep set eyes.  Tisoy.  And he plays good volleyball.

She'd try to annoy him, catch his attention, but he's all business.  And that's what Alyssa likes in him - he's professional through and through.

"Besh!" Ella called out to her as soon as she alighted from the taxi, "Ang galing ng timing ko!"

"Eto naman, na-miss agad ako," Alyssa teased Ella, who rolled her eyes.  "Masyado ka, Besh," Ella shot back.

The early dinner was filled with laughter, good food, and great company.  Alcoholic beverages were being passed around, and Alyssa had about a couple of glasses.

It was around 8PM when the company dispersed, and Ella has promised Alyssa to wait for her GrabTaxi when out of the blue, TJ appeared with a bouquet of flowers.  "Ayos ang pormahan natin, Teej, ah!" Ella called out, and both she and Alyssa snickered.  TJ just shrugged his shoulders, "Pogi naman."

"Asan banda?" Ella teased him, and Alyssa chuckled, "Ang hard mo, Besh! Pogi naman si TJ a!"

"Tigilan mo ako, Alyssa.  Kahit crush mo si TJ, mukha siyang tanga na may bitbit na bulaklak," Ella guffawed.  Alyssa was about to join in the laughter when TJ shoved the flowers to her.  "Hala... Aanhin ko 'yan? Ano 'to? Pasahan ng mukhang tanga?" she chuckled.  TJ smiled and shook his head, "Hinde.  Pwede ring gusto kong ibigay 'to sa 'yo at-"

"Ly," Kiefer stepped out, in his casual attire.  He saw the bouquet of flowers, and looked at TJ.  "May pa-flowers si mayor," he murmured jokingly.

"Ha?" Alyssa was taken aback with the turn of events.  "Teka lang, Teej, bakit may pa-flowers ka?" she asked stupidly.  Kiefer sighed, and rolled his eyes, "Ella, i-explain mo ba?"

"Hala, nakikinood lang ako sa drama," Ella responded, shocked on the turn of events.

"Uh, Ly, may date din kayo?" TJ looked at Kiefer, then back at Ly.

"Wala. Uwi na kami," Alyssa said automatically, still too shocked beyond words.

"Uwi? Kayo?" TJ looked dumbfounded.  Alyssa nodded, and Kiefer drew in a deep breath, "Sa bahay kase siya nakatira ngayon."

"Ninyo?!?" TJ asked stupidly.

Alyssa quickly recovered, "Teej, teka... Ba't ako lang may flowers? Ba't si Ella?"

"Alangan naman na dalawa kayo ni Ella ligawan niya," Kiefer explained sarcastically.  "Look, Ly. Uwi na lang ako kung 'di ka sasabay sa akin."

Alyssa looked at Kiefer's retreating back, "Kief... Wait..."  She turned to look at TJ and shoved the flowers back to him absentmindedly, "Guys, mauuna na ako.  'Di ko naman alam na susunduin niya ako."

TJ and Ella looked at Alyssa's retreating back, and Ella murmured, "Akalain mo 'yun..."

"Sila... Sila na ba, Ells?" TJ asked, afraid of the answer.

"Hindi," she replied, and looked at TJ, "Hindi pa sa ngayon."
*****************************

"Kief," Alyssa called out, running after him.  He didn't stop until he reached his car.

"Pooch naman," Alyssa complained, "Buti konti lang nainom ko..."

He raised an eyebrow, "Bakit 'di ka sumama sa kanya?"

"Kanino? Kay Ella?" Alyssa asked, confused.  Kiefer shook his head.  "Sa manliligaw mo," he replied.  Alyssa sighed, "Lasing na nga ako.  Kung anu-ano naririnig ko sa 'yo."

"Nakakainsulto ang ginawa mo," Kiefer turned to open the car, "Balikan mo siya-"

"Kiefer," she cut him, and opened the passenger side of the car, "Nagloloko lang 'yun."

Kiefer just stared ahead as soon as he got in, "Ang dense mo, Ly."

"Ang ano?" Alyssa asked, putting on her seatbelt, "Sa anong paraan?"

"May gusto sa 'yo ang tao," he said, starting the car, "Binigyan ka pa ng bulaklak.  Tapos tinapon mo lang."

"Excuse me," she rolled her eyes, "Hindi ko tinapon.  Binalik ko."

"O!" he exclaimed, "Parang sampal 'yun sa mukha, Ly!"

"Kiefer," Alyssa was trying to control her temper as Kiefer was manuevering the car home, "hindi para sa akin ang mga bulaklak. Nanggagago lang si TJ."

"Alyssa, nakita  mo ba itsura ni TJ nung inabot niya ang mga bulaklak?" he said, moving into streets and lanes to avoid traffic. "Mukha siyang tuta na di mapakali," he ended.

"Ang dami mong alam!" Alyssa was exasperated now.  She looked at the time, and addressed him, "Nagdinner ka na?"

"Oo," Kiefer responded curtly.  "Kumusta si Grandpa?" Alyssa asked, fishing for her cellphone.  She opened it and saw a message from-

From TJ:
Sana binigyan mo man lang ako ng chance.  I'm tired of being just your friend.

"Tangina."

Kiefer glanced at her, and he has a funny feeling that it has something to do with TJ. "Okay naman si Grandpa. Masigla. Eh si TJ?"

"Kief," she looked at him, worry in her eyes, "Mukhang para sa akin nga talaga ang mga bulaklak kanina."

*****************************