Chapter 7

It is a neat 2-story dwelling in a sprawling greenery, well-maintained with lush verdant greens. A charming quaint little palace for the little prince and princesses.

Alyssa sighed.

Not until they find Sarah, and she gives him the children.

"Alam mo, may mali pa rin sa logic natin e," Alyssa mentioned over to Kiefer, while inspecting the living room, "Paano nga kung biglang dumating si Sarah? Ano sasabihin natin sa lolo mo? Paano ako e-exit?"

"Are you backing out now?" Kiefer asked, crawling on all fours, checking something underneath the cabinet. He stood up and dusted his palms on his shorts.

"Pero paano nga?" Alyssa asked, turning around to face him. He looked at her for a moment, then averted his gaze, "Bahala na. Ang importante, mairaos ang kasal."

"What difference does it make kung inantay pa natin ng konti si Sarah kung ganun?" Alyssa asked, her eyes on the high ceiling, captivated by the chandelier. "Grandpa does not need the drama," he remarked, to which she rebutted, "E magiging madrama din naman pagbalik ni Sarah?"

"Nagkaboyfriend ka na ba?" he asked, looking at her, and she now turned her gaze on him, "Hala... oo naman. Bakit?"

"Ang daldal mo," he replied, "Paano ka niya natitiis?"

She turned around, "Kaya siguro siya umalis." She moved forward and stopped at the bottom of the staircase. "Saan ang room ko?" she asked, but her phone started to ring. She held it up and answered the call, "Manang, hello po... Opo... opo... mamayang tanghali po... si Tita, andiyan?... Naku... o sige po, opo... salamat po. Bye po."

She looked at Kiefer, "Lalabas muna ako, punta ako sa bahay. Kukunin ko lang mga gamit ko dun. Baka may lead din kung nasaan si Sarah."

Kiefer moved towards her, "Samahan na kita."

"Malamang wala pa si Sarah dun. Kakausapin ko lang si Manang. Wala pa daw si Tita e. Umuwi kase yun ng probinsiya mga 1 week bago ng date ng kasal ninyo. I was hoping na nakabalik na siya," Alyssa explained, taking her bag and rummaging for the key to their bedroom.

"No, samahan na kita. Gusto ko andun ako pag nag-usap kayo about Sarah," he insisted.

Alyssa regarded him with curiousity, "Sana talaga, hinintay mo na lang na maging ready kayo ni Sarah."

"Sinisisi mo ba ako?" Kiefer returned her gaze, "She agreed with my proposal! Sana simula pa lang, she should have said no!"

Alyssa stepped back, surprised at Kiefer's vehemence, "Alam mo, pikon ka." She turned towards the door, "Punta na ako sa bahay, ng maabutan ko si Manang. Kung sasama ka, let's go."

They drove in silence.

It seems silence is now their common friend.

And it felt weird stepping in their shared bedroom, in Sarah's bedroom. Everything looks the same, as if it is expecting for Sarah and Alyssa to step back in and resume with their lives. She sighed.

Kiefer is downstairs, talking to Manang, while she is collecting clothes and stuff she's bringing to the other house. Manang is not aware that Sarah is missing until now, and she hasn't seen Sarah since the day before the wedding.

She hurriedly stuffed all the necessary items she is bringing back on an old gym bag, plus another travelling bag. It will be just like that, she's on staycation.

Until Sarah comes home.

She sighed again, and sat on Sarah's bed. She firmly believes in her heart that Sarah is still alive, somewhere. But what she is trying to understand is why Sarah left without a clue, without a trace. She ran her hand on Sarah's beddings, "Pwede naman sanang pag-usapan 'to e. Bakit kelangan mo pang umalis?"