Chapter 21

"Time's up, Grandpa!" Alyssa gaily announced, "I'm off for practice na kase..."

"But it's Saturday, my goodness! Don't you get some time off?" Grandpa whined. Alyssa chuckled, and stooped down to kiss the kindly old man goodbye, "Rest is for the weak, Grandpa. Ask your dakilang apo!"

"I shouldn't have told him that," Grandpa muttered, referring to Kiefer. "And speaking of my apo, where is he?" he asked, and Alyssa fixed the smile on her face. "I think pauwi na rin po 'yun. Alam mo na, working for our future," Alyssa winked, and Grandpa laughed. He then put on a stern scowl on his face, "I think it's been too long and you still do not have a little bundle of joy-"

"Grandpa," Alyssa rubbed his back, soothing him, "Maybe we should stop looking for the bundle of joy and instead, enjoy po natin ang moments ngayon? Malay ninyo po, di ba sabi nila, 'pag hindi ini-expect, 'yun pa ang dumadating?"

"Don't try to sweet talk me, missy," Grandpa wiggled his index finger at her, "I'm still putting that on my calendar on the number of misses for the past months now. You and Kiefer should start plotting out your fertile days-"

"Grandpa!" Alyssa burst out laughing, "Grabe kayo po!"

"What's grabe when I am just helping you to be efficient in scheduling the arrival of my apo?" Grandpa pointed out, "I am not getting any younger, Hija."

"So the ball is back in my court now?" Alyssa laughed, "Basketball player din ba kayo dati in your younger days?"

"Grandpa," Kiefer announced, walking towards the happy scene and reached for his Grandpa's hand for blessing. Alyssa averted her gaze, and pretended to give the floor to Kiefer. But Kiefer knows better. He knows Alyssa is still sulking at him for the past 4 days. And he wants it over and done now.

"Ly, do you have practice today?" Kiefer asked her casually, and he could see the surprise on her face.

Alyssa hesitated if she should just ignore Kiefer, or just casually answer him as well. She sighed, "Unfortunately, dear husband. So you'll be eating alone sa bahay, or dito ka na lang magdinner para may kasama si Grandpa." She stood up and reached for her gym bag at the corner of the room, and bid Grandpa goodbye. "See you tomorrow for lunch, Grandpa."

"Ihatid na kita," Kiefer offered. Alyssa just shrugged her shoulders and flippantly said, "You need rest, Babe. Magdi-dribble and shoot ka pa tonight, baka mapagod ka kung ihatid mo 'ko."

"She's learning!" Grandpa clapped gleefully, and then announced to them both, "I hope someone starts putting up a scoreboard... That's it! I'm gonna put a scoreboard on your bedroom door!"

"Grandpa...," Alyssa cringed, and started walking outside, though happily imagining it nailed on Kiefer's room, where he can always conveniently keep track of the number of shots he has completed with his lady love. She waved her hand goodbye and was on the door when Kiefer was suddenly right beside her.

She just walked on, silent, and Kiefer grabbed her arm when she started walking towards the gate, "Wait for me here, iikot ko lang ang sasakyan." She shrugged off her arm gently, "Kief, seryoso. You don't have to," she muttered, and Kiefer responded, "But I want to."

Alyssa counted to ten, and raised her eyes to him, "I'm not your responsibility, 'di ba? I can do anything I want, and kaya ko namang lumabas ng bahay mag-isa ko."

"Alyssa, please don't be foolish," he said in a more commanding tone, "Andito naman ako para gawin 'yan."

"Oh wow. So may schedule ka pala bantayan ako for today? Magpalagay na rin ako ng biometric time clock katabi ng scoreboard para namo-monitor mo ang schedule mo," she said smuggly, "And while we're at it, why don't we call it the Statistical Room?"