Chapter 36

She has never been so captivated in her own life!

The baby was cooing in her arms, blinking her beautiful eyes. Alyssa is a sucker for babies, but Zitti is the most beautiful she has seen her entire life. "Ala e, nagbu-beautiful eyes si Zitti ga!" she blurted out to Sarah, who was rearranging the pillows on her crib.

It has been three days since Zitti has been discharged from the hospital, and Alyssa has persuaded Sarah that they move back to their old place, so that Alyssa could easily come over and take care of Zitti. They have summoned Manang to come back, while Sarah's aunt is still in the province, and seems to have taken over managing their property.

"Marunong na 'yan. Palagi nga nagpapa-cute 'yan e," Sarah smiled, while putting away Zitti's soiled clothes.

A bad chord seemed to be struck between Sarah and Kiefer, and Alyssa is blaming herself. If she has not insisted that Kiefer see Zitti...

"Ly, what time ulit ang practice mo? May racket kase ako sa gabi," she asked, sitting on the edge of the bed. Alyssa turned to look at Sarah, "Mga 6PM ang start. Gusto mo bang dalhin ko muna sa bahay si Zitti?"

"Di ba pwede na dito ka na lang matulog?" Sarah asked.

Alyssa thought about Kiefer. He would not be happy with the setup. "Okay lang ba na dito rin si Kie-"

"Bakit pa? Hindi ba pwede na maghiwalay muna kayo for a night?" Sarah huffed, giving her back to Alyssa. "Tanungin ko muna-" Alyssa was cut off again.

"At kelan mo pa inaasa ang schedule mo sa isang lalake?" Sarah asked, turning to face her.

Alyssa carefully put Zitti down on the crib. "Asawa ko na si Kiefer. Hindi siya basta-bastang lalake lang," Alyssa softly muttered, and Sarah rolled her eyes. "That's the cheesiest line I've heard," she said, "Know what? Dadalhin ko na lang si Zitti-"

"'Wag naman ganun, Sa! Maawa ka sa bata! Mapupuyat siya!" Alyssa complained, and Sarah sighed. "Ano ba problema kung dadalhin ko si Zitti sa bahay?" Alyssa asked.

"Number one, ang grandpa ni Kiefer. Do you think pag nakita niya ang anak ko, bibitawan na niya? Do you think pag nakita niya si Zitti, ibabalik niya? Chances are, hindi na niya ibabalik ang anak ko, at baka out of the picture na ako!" Zitti exclaimed.

Alyssa chewed on her lower lip, "Then wala naman sigurong problema if Kiefer stays here?"

Sarah rolled her eyes, "Just make sure not to have any ideas. I don't want this room to smell like sex."

"Sarah!" Alyssa blushed, and Sarah placed her hands on her hips. "Kilala ko si Kiefer, Alyssa. If he has marked you, he'll...," she stopped. Then tried to paste a smile on her face, "At bakit ko ba iku-kwento ang sexual adventures niya kung ginagawa niyo naman, di ba?"

"Did you fall out of love sa kanya, Sa? Kaya mo siya iniwan?" Alyssa softly asked, her eyes on Zitti, but her heart waiting for Sarah's answer.

"There was only sex, but not love," Sarah murmured, organizing Zitti's stuff on a table. "But did you love him?" Alyssa asked. Sarah stopped what she was doing, turned to look at Alyssa, "We both knew we were there for the convenience of having sex. Alam mo 'yan."

"No, I didn't," Alyssa replied, "I thought there was something special between you two, kaya ka pumayag magpakasal."

Sarah bitterly chuckled, "The boys only want our bodies, Ly. They were never meant to stay loyal."

Alyssa dropped her head. Sarah sighed, and approached Alyssa. "I'm sorry for bursting your bubbles about Kiefer, Ly... But guys, nasa DNA na nila ang pagiging polygamous. Some would stay loyal, but there would still come a point in their lives na maging taksil sila, or maghanap ng iba. And all the time, they would always want the best and freshest meat," Sarah rubbed Alyssa's shoulders.