Time | Peter Parker

So there was this post on Tumblr about having a timer on your wrist and it shows the time until you meet your soulmate so I decided to use that idea.. 

should I do another version for Tom Holland and not Peter Parker? Let me know in the comments!

Part one.

I woke up and tried to keep my attention away from my wrist that had a timer on, like everyone else. Nobody knows where they come from but it happens as soon as we enter High School. Lately, everyone's hoping that theirs will be awesome like Spider-Man or Flash Thompson or Liz Allen. Me? I don't want a soulmate. It's a stupid idea and people need to make mistakes to learn from. After all, you wouldn't want to meet your soulmate and then one month in the relationship goes to dust because you haven't had a relationship before. Besides, I don't want to date someone...
but something brought my attention to my right wrist that day. 00 years, 007 days, 17 hours.
I just put on a long-sleeved jumper and jeans,- as usual-pulling the sleeves over where my wrists were.
There were operations where you could remove the timer but I didn't really have the heart to.
I brushed my hair, teeth, I washed my face and headed downstairs to see my parents, quickly grabbing a snack bar and rushing outside after saying bye. I was not missing the bus. Nope nope nopedy nope no thanks I do that enough thank you very freaking much. 

Half an hour later
00 years, 007 days, 16 hours, 30 minutes.

I walked up to my friend, Michelle, and we walked over to the gym. I gave a loud groan. "Come on! I literally ran up to the bus stop and you expect me to do even more exercise?!" Michelle chuckled at my 'enthusiasm' ad dragged me along. "The world is cruel!" I complained.

"Well you can always just sit at the back so that you don't get chosen to do anything.." She offered.

"Well I'm sorry to hurt your feelings but everyone has to climb that rope.
"Not if you're sat at the benches still." She said and I looked to her.
"Really?" I was really hopeful, what can I say? She nodded and I continued to walk normally rather than let Michelle drag me.

In gym class, we sat at the benches and I read over Michelle's shoulder. "Can I read that after you?" I asked her. She mumbled a 'yeah' and kept her eyes glued to the book. I heard the coach yell Peter Parker and Ned Neels' names rather loudly and everyone looked over, including myself. Michelle, however, kept reading.
'If I had a book, I'd be the same.' I thought to myself and watched Ned hesitate to climb up the rope. He fell quite quickly and a few people laughed. I shook my head in pity and watched as Peter started to climb the rope. He actually made it halfway and fell down. I gave a small sigh as a sorrow when even more people chuckled. 

'Humanity really sucks.' I thought to myself and and looked at my wrist really quickly.
"no years, 7 days, 16 hours and 25 minutes." I whispered to myself and Michelle nudged my arm and gave a small grin that was slightly hidden by her book. "Shut up, MJ." I whispered to her and I felt my cheeks heat up 0.2%. What? I'm not a big blusher. I rushed over to he changing rooms to get my bag really quick and get my own book to read rather than do exercise.
Mission Accomplished. 

One week later
00 years, 000 days and 17 hours.

I woke up, ignoring what was on my wrist, and I got up, getting changed into another long-sleeved jumper and jeans. I pulled the sleeves over my wrists and went downstairs to get my breakfast and then maybe chase the bus- if it was like every other day.
I went outside and saw the bus was about to go. Sprinting, I caught it before it started and I sat down at a window. 

Someone sat next to me but I kept my attention away from them and I continued to look outside of the window. "Uh.. hey." They greeted me. I looked to see Ned Neels holding his hand out towards me. I shook it. "Hi." I said and once again turned to the window. 
"I'm Ned." He said.
"I've heard." I said. 
"And you are..?" 
(I'm gonna make up a name because I always read y/n as wyen or something but you can always change the name to yours)
"My name's Etta." I said, not looking over to him.
"So.. you're friends with Michelle?" He asked. I nodded.
"And you're friends with Peter Parker."
"That's weird." He said and I looked over, my eyebrow raised. 
"What's weird?" I asked. He just shrugged.
"Everyone called Peter Penis Parker- well, except me. And Michelle just calls me and Pete losers.." I chuckled at the mention of Michelle's behaviour. 
"Don't mind Michelle, she's just like that." I said and the rest of the bus ride was spent in silence.