Chapter Ten

Dinner went extremely slow, especially since Sera was thinking of ways to convince the giant to let her sleep outside of the cage for tonight. At first, she had thought flattery, but that would be too easy to catch on to. She had to think of something just to let him leave her out. And then it struck her. 

"Um...sir?" Seraphina said softly, using a finger to delicately twirl a strand of her midnight hair. She watched as the giant's dark orbs turned in her direction with a curious glint, acknowledging that she spoke and saying he was listening. "I was wondering...c-can I sleep with you tonight? I'm afraid that the cage will be far too cold, and I don't want to be alone."  She could already tell how his mind worked. He was sickly perverted and kept staring at her curves which were revealed quite a bit in this dress. "I'd rather stay with you."

A smirk spread across Eric's lips as she spoke, watching her play with her hair and mess with the skirt of her dress.  Both of his brains were now on full alert. He should really be using the one in his head, but sadly, the lower one got the best of him. "Would you now?" He murmured in a soft tone, reaching out and trailing a large finger down her arm and grazing over the bandages.

A fearful chill ran through her body as his huge hand approached, touching her. She would have loved nothing more than to turn and run away right now. But if she wants her and Thompson's plan to work, she has to focus. "Y-Yes, sir." She practically choked out. Her mouth felt drier than a desert.

"Well now, I suppose I could possibly allow it for tonight. And if you prove to me you can be trusted with this privilege, perhaps I will allow it every night, hmm?" His fingers close around her body and he lifts her high into the air for maybe the hundredth time this day.

"Y-Yes, sir." Seraphina repeated, looking up to meet the dark eyes of the giant.  Her own blue eyes were filled with fear and caution as he held her, her iris and pupil darting every which way around the features of his face. Had he not been so cruel, perhaps, just maybe, he would be a little attractive.

"I'm glad we're on the same page." Eric chuckles deeply, a smirk still tugging at the corner of his lips. The giant turns on his heel and began making his way towards his bedroom, unaware of the few servants that were silently watching. Thompson, Karen, and Kenneth. 

"So what's the plan for tonight?" Karen turned her eyes towards the attractive butler with a smirk, using a hand to push her blonde hair out of her face.

"Well," Thompson smiles, "she's going out tonight to the village. To get a copy of a book she loves to read. And while she's out, I'll wake the master and inform him that she's gone." He explained with a hum in his tone.

Kenneth looked between the two with a scowl. "You understand what will happen to us if he finds out we're lying right?" He grumbled quietly, his hands gripping the fabric of his shirt. "In case you didn't know, I don't want to die."

"Stop your whining Kenneth." Karen rolled her eyes and leaned back against the very tall wall with a smirk. "All that's left is to wait right here."

 Eric and Seraphina meanwhile had gotten into their nightclothes. Sera dressed in a long sleeved cotton nightgown which reached her ankles. After wearing that sleeveless dress all day, it felt wonderful to be in something that covered her body. Something that hid her from the watchful eyes of the giant.

Eric was simply dressed in flannel pants, revealing his muscular body, even though he was rather pale he was quite fit. Even if he barely worked out, he did his best to keep up appearances. He was also hoping this drew the human in more than the sliver of a bit she was. "Are you ready for bed?" He asked with a smirk, wanting so badly to look over his shoulder at the woman, but also wants her to trust him enough.

Hesitantly, Seraphina opened her mouth to speak but instead clamped her lips back together as she thought. What if he forced her into something? What if he attempted to harm her? "A...Are you going to hurt me?" She said softly, instead of telling him she was ready.

Eric hesitated to answer the human, knowing what she wanted to hear.  But he also knew what he wanted to do. Not yet. Not at least, until he felt he too was ready. "No, of course not my little sparrow." The giant turned, meeting the human's pale blue eyes with his own hazel orbs. "So why don't you lie down on the pillow next to mine and get some sleep, hmm?"

Sera, of course, was on her guard as she climbed up the soft, squishy surface of the pillow. She shuddered at the thought of what could possibly be stuffed inside the fabric. As everything around was makeshift, it was somehow normal looking. 

She was also careful that her nightgown didn't ride up her legs as she laid on her back. Her eyes stared at the giant as his massive form laid on the bed near her, his huge head just a few yards away. His hazel eyes watching her watch him. "G-Goodnight...sir." She stuttered out, quickly turning her head away to avoid his hungry gaze the best she could.

"Goodnight, my sweet," Eric whispered, kissing the tip of his finger and placing it delicately on her cheek. "I hope you sleep well. Oh, and if you get cold, feel free to move closer." His smirk grew as her face turned red, and he knew it would only take a few sweet words, a few loving gestures, and she would be his and his alone.

Sera had other plans, however. Her own heart was slowly being given to Thompson, the man she thinks she can trust. 

And Thompson? He was busy waiting with Karen and Kenneth for Sera to leave the mansion so he could wake up Eric. So he could get rid of the beautiful girl.