Chapter Twenty-Four

Eric stood outside his mansion, staring off over the trees and across the lake, his giant hazel eyes scanning the areas he could see for the four people who nearly killed Seraphina. He wanted to find them. To break every bone in their insignificant bodies. Right now it doesn't matter whether or not the human inside wanted him to be kind, these ones didn't deserve it. Not anymore.

Why now? Why did it have to be over fifteen years that someone finally came along and made him feel something again? Why couldn't he have met Seraphina before he became the tyrant all humans know him as?

Inhaling deeply through his nose, he exhaled through his mouth and allowed himself to relax in the soft breeze and warm sunlight. The weather in England is terribly unpredictable. It would be warm and sunny one day, and snowing the next.

 A gentle rustling caught his attention, and his giant orbs locked on a movie piece of brush in the distance. A smirk continued to grow on his face. He could see the butler's uniform from here. It was either Thompson or one of the other two. Wait. What were the other two? He never found out or asked. But either way, how was he supposed to get over there without the human spotting him? 

He's never worried about this before though, has he? His smirk only grew and he crouched, with a wave of his hand bending two trees out of the way and revealing the trembling servant he recognized as Kenneth. The ex-butler's eyes were wide with fear. Just the way Eric liked it. "You," Eric said, turning his tone to a hate, anger filled one. "You think you can get away with trying to murder someone?" 

Kenneth's lips were visibly moving, nothing but frightened squeaks coming out. The butler instead shot to his feet from the damp grass and ran. His only hope was to get away without being caught. Instead, a large hand cut him off, thick fingers wrapping his body and squeezing to the point his eyes blurred. 

"You are going to tell me who else was involved in this besides Karen and Thompson," Eric ordered the human. "And then maybe I'll make your death quick and painless."

The tiny man continued to tremble, his eyes only growing wider at the giant's words. "I-It was Matthew!" He squeaked, sounding more like a rusty door hinge rather than a human. But thankfully, despite the high pitch and fear behind the squeak, Eric understood perfectly. After all, he's dealt with humans fear of him for a long time. 

"Good. Now, goodbye. I'm sure I'll see you in Hell." The giant tightened his grip on the small human, squeezing tighter and tighter. He could feel the bones crunching beneath his fingers. He could hear them too. Once he was sure Kenneth was crushed in his fingers, he released the body, allowing it to fall to the ground below. Spots of blood stuck to his hand from the human, and he pulled his handkerchief from his pocket to wipe his hands. "One down, three to go."

Sorry, it's so short! I felt like I needed to update, so here you go!