Chapter 4 (Continued)

She was determined to have fun! It was a quiet exclusive restaurant uptown where conversations were muted and even the cutlery made little pinging noises that were hardly heard. music played in the background in a low keyed sort of way. it was not her usual scene and she remembered when Michael had taken her out to a restaurant downtown and how they had danced and laughed until she had not realized that it was past midnight and she was due in at work at six the next morning! She drew a deep breath and tackled the succulent duck she had been served. They had been eating in silence for a few minutes when a tray was wheeled to their table with a cake on it.

"Happy birthday," he whispered with a smile as the beaming waiter put the strawberry filled cake on the table. It had her name on it with red writing and she wanted to cry. If he had taken the time to know anything about her he would have known she never liked strawberry and that chocolate was her favorite!

"Champagne for my wife," he said expansively.

"Thank you." she forced herself to say. "I am full could we take it home with us?"

"Of course." he said with a wave of his hand. He kept looking at his watch.

"You have to be somewhere?"

"I am on call." he said with a shrug. "Mr. Harley is not doing so well after the surgery and I told the night nurse to call me if anything."

"I envy your patients," she said bitterly.

"Why?"

"They get a lot of your attention and I do not."

"Please don't start." he warned, dabbing the napkin against the sides of his mouth.

"What are we going to do when we leave here darling?" she taunted. "Are you going to finally pop my cherry?"

"Stop it!" he hissed looking around to see if anyone was near enough to hear.

"What? Afraid of people finding out that you are not screwing your wife?"

She saw his hands clenched into fists and saw the conscious effort he made to to level out his expression. "I am not going to fight with you on this special day."

"Who is fighting?" Suddenly she got to her feet.

"Where are you going?"

"I want to dance," she spun away before he could stop her and went to the Maitre D and whispered something to him. She came back over and held her hand out to him. "What do you think you are doing?"

"I want to dance with my husband. We are not having sex so let's do the next best thing."

He took her hand reluctantly and was aware of the people's eyes following them onto the dance floor. He stiffened as he realized the song she had chosen. it had been played at their wedding reception! The mellow sound of John Legend's 'The Best you'll ever have' came over the hidden speakers and eyes were riveted to the couple on the floor.

If there was one thing Camille knew to do was dance and she was determined to put on her best performance! She gyrated against him deliberately rubbing against his genitals in a lewd manner not caring who was looking. He was big on appearances so he was not going to do anything about what she was going on with. He was filled with rage at her behavior but he had to go along with it or ended up embarrassing both of them. She pulled his head down as she grind herself against him and forced her tongue into his mouth. Peter wanted to puke! But something was happening! he felt a faint stirring of lust inside him and returned the kiss giving her hope as she moved suggestively against him.

The song ended and he all but pushed her away forced to take a bow as there were thunderous applause for their performances on the floor.

She took his hand and made a bow as they walked back to their table. He waited a few minutes before he told her that they were leaving. "So soon?" she asked him mockingly. "I thought we were having fun."
"While you were out there behaving like a harlot, I got a call from the hospital. Mr. Harley has gone into cardiac arrest."
"I am sorry-"

"Save it!" he snapped at her. "I will take you home and then I am heading to the hospital. Hope you had fun!"

Camille made her way upstairs thankful that she had not encountered anyone on her way up and crawled into the bed like a whipped dog without taking of her clothes. She pulled the covers over her and gave in to tears!

**********************************

"I am tired and not in a good mood so I would appreciate you not getting into an argument," Peter told Jerome the minute he walked through the doors of the apartment.

"I just lost a patient." he took off his jacket and went to sit on the side of the bed with his shoulders hunched. he had been too late. Mr. Harley had been his patient and he had been too late all because of her! he knew it sounded unreasonable but he did not give a damn! She had made a spectacle of herself and had brought him into it.

"Where did you take her?" Jerome demanded petulantly as he marched into the room.

"Why?"

"Was it to the restaurant where you first took me?"

"What difference does it make?"

"It is our place Peter don't you get that?"

"We went there once Jerome. Once! How can it be our place when we have been there one time?"

"Because it was there that I fell in love with you," he said tremblingly.

"I am sorry." Peter said wearily. He had more than enough drama in his life and he certainly did not need any more for the night. "I wanted to show her a good time."

"I hate her!" Jerome said passionately. "I want to kill her to get her out of your life."

Peter sprang off the bed. "What the hell is the matter with you?"

"I want you for myself. I don't want to share you Peter. I love you so much that I want to die when I think of you married to her, living with her."

"I spend most of my time here with you."

"I want everything," Jerome dropped to his knees in front of him him. "Please don't you see how much I am in love with you?"

"Get up,"

"No," he blabbered wrapping his hands around Peter's knees. "I love you so much that i would die if you leave me!"