Chapter 7 (Continued)

Camille gripped his hand tightly as they walked up the cobbled driveway. His parents were expecting them so they had left the wrought iron gate opened. The ranch type house was spread across the grounds with its cut stones walls and lush green lawn.

"Relax they are not going to bite," Michael told her in amusement. He felt the glow of love and desire that he had kept at bay for so long. She had spent the night in his room, in his bed and he had had to force himself to stop making love to her in the early hours of the morning and let her get some sleep. After she had drifted off with his arms around her he had strayed awake and his body wired with the flush of lovemaking. He had made love to her this morning before they left because he could not help himself! He was ignoring the voice that tells him that she was still married to that asshole!

"Your parents must be very wealthy," she looked around at the immaculate grounds and the well cut flowers.

"A little bit," he said downplaying it for now. The door was opened by his mother instead of the housekeeper and he was relieved at that. He had no intention of scaring her off.

"Mom," he greeted the strikingly attractive woman with the thick dark hair and same color eyes as his affectionately. She was wearing a white lounge pants and pink and white  cotton blouse which looked expensive. "This is Camille." he turned to her. "Camille this is my mother Adele."

"Nice to meet you my dear," the woman took both her hands and pressed down before pulling her into the vast living room with the arched ceiling. A tall and darkly attractive man with salt and pepper hair got to his feet as soon as they came into the room. "My husband, Marcus."

"How are you?" the man said with a quick ready smile.

"I am fine thanks. "It's very nice of you to invite me here. I hope I am not imposing."

"Nonsense my dear. You are most welcome. Sit please." Adele said with a wave of slim delicate hand. "Michael tells us you are on some sort of holiday?"

Camille looked at Michael swiftly. He had positioned himself right next to her. "I am sort of," she said clasping her hands. "Michael has been so kind to me." she looked at him again and for a minute the thought of what they had done just before coming here swamped her and she stared at him. She had not had time to investigate the tumble of emotions she had felt when he made love to her and she had shied away from thinking about what it meant!

"I am sure he has," Adele looked at her son swiftly. The boy was wearing his heart on his forehead. "You are a registered nurse."

"Yes," she looked at the coolly confident woman. "I am not sure if I want to go back to doing that-" she floundered for a moment.

"Lunch must be ready now, right?" Michael waded in, reaching for her hand.

"Of course," Adele said with a warm smile. "Let's go to the dining room."

They made her feel at home and she could not help but compare them to Peter's family who had made her feel like an outsider. The delicious meal of cold cuts and salad with pomegranate dressing had her asking for seconds and within minutes she was relaxing and laughing at something Adele said.  Marcus eyed his son as the smile came and went on his face and he could see that he was very protective of the girl.

"Why don't you join me in the study for a drink Michael and leave the ladies to their coffee?" Marcus said to his son as soon as dinner was finished.

He hesitated a little bit and looked at Camille. "It's okay Michael. I will be fine." she said with a smile.

He nodded and followed his father from the room. The study was a combination of an office and a lounge area where Marcus felt free to relax and do some work or just have a drink. "What are you having?"