Chapter 15 (continued)

Somehow it worked. She was learning that Michael was a little insecure when it came to her and was still not sure if she was still in love with Peter. She tried to reassure him constantly and love the way he was around her. He made her feel like she was the only woman in the world and he spoiled her. He would buy her things when he was coming home and before she knew it she had tons of jewelries and trinkets not to mention clothing! Peter would call her and they would talk. She was encouraging him to start going out again.

"Don't you feel weird giving me dating advice when you were married to me?" he teased her one day when he called. She was helping out at the local health center and they were extremely glad for her expertise and the fact that she was not charging them. She had just finished changing old Mrs. Barnard's bed linens and had just sat down to drink a cup of tea to settle her stomach.

"I just want you to be happy." she said with a little laugh. She rubbed her belly absently. She was into her seventh month and she had every intention of stopping what she was doing at the health center. She was in the process of decorating the nursery but Michael was pondering if they should live in Florida. 'Yard space.' he had told her with a faint smile.

"I am as happy as I will ever be." he said wryly. "When is your due date?"

"October 5th and I cannot wait to have this baby. We are having a son and Michael is over the moon." she said whimsically. "Are you okay with me talking about this?"

"Of course. I was the one who made you get away so I have to be okay with it."

"Peter in order for us to continue being friends you have to have to be totally honest with me. Are you- are you really gay?"
He did not answer for a moment and when he did the answer was a little confusing. "I got into this I was in high school and was introduced by a teacher. It became a way of life for me and I thought that it was who I am." he sighed. "I was always unhappy and insecure and when my parents found out about me and gave me an ultimatum: pretend to be 'normal' as they put it or they will disinherit me." he laughed hollowly. "I should not have marry you and I did it for all the wrong reasons. I should have been honest with you and leave it up to you and let us work it out. Now I don't know who i am anymore."

"You are Peter Grayson the finest trauma surgeon I know."

"And I have lost you."

"Peter-"

"I know Camille. I have no right to say something like that to you." he sighed again. "I am going to be your friend no matter what and I am cool with the way things are."
"Are you sure?"

"I am. Okay as a doctor I am supposed to ask you if you are eating up your vegetables and taking all the necessary vitamins. Are you drinking enough milk for calcium?"

"Are you serious?"

"Yes I am."
"I am a nurse remember?"
"And sometimes we are our own worst patients." he said with a laugh. "I will talk to you later."

                                                     ********************************

"I have already informed the doctors at the hospital in Florida as to your due date and I hired someone to decorate the nursery both here and at the house Michael has." Adele told her over the phone later that evening when she reached the apartment.

"Adele aren't you assuming  a lot?" she asked her mother in law with a laugh. The woman had been like a mother to her and would call and make sure she was okay. They had been to Florida several weekends and his parents had been persuading them to come to Florida to live.