Chapter 4

"Hi my dear how are you?" Doris Grayson looked at her daughter in law as she came into her private sitting room.

"I need to speak to you," Camille told her quietly as she looked around the elegant sitting room. It was a Tuesday night and both their husbands were at the hospital. Camille had been surprised when one of the maids told her that mistress was home. It had been three months since she had been married and her husband had not touched her. She could not go on like this! "Have a seat," she said with a wave of her hand. "I do hope you are comfortable here," she said as if Camille was here for a visit and would be leaving soon.

Camille stared at the coldly attractive woman and realized that she had married into a family who were strangers to one another. "I think Peter is having an affair," she said abruptly as she stared at the man's mother.

The woman looked at her for a moment and then smiled. "Why would you think that?"
"he has not touched me since our wedding." Camille saw the small look of surprise on the woman's face.

"Most wife in our circle would really appreciate their husbands not rutting on top of them."

"I am not one of them."

"Well my dear you are married to him. A little thing like that should not bother you."

"Little?" Camille laughed out loud and a frown descended on the perfect brow. "I would not call it little. I would like to think that my husband find me attractive enough to want to have sex with me."

"This is something you should be discussing with him."she said in a highly disapproving tone.

"Believe me I have tried."

"Men are like dogs my dear, they do not mate with just one. it has to be several for them." she aid airily.

"And you are okay with that?"

"As long as I am left alone to do my own thing yes I am fine." she looked at the girl for a moment. "You have everything a woman could ever ask for it seems a little ungrateful for you to be complaining about that aspect of it." 

"you think because you have bought me designer clothes and I love in this mansion that i should be so grateful that I should keep my mouth shut?" Camille asked her furiously.

"Most women would kill for what you have."

"I am not most women," Camille got to her feet. "Thanks for the insightful conversation."

Doris watched her leave and reached for her phone as soon as the doors closed behind her. "Have you spoken to our son?" she demanded.

"About what?"

"His lack of sexual activities in the bedroom. His wife just complained to me."

"I t old him if he was not up to the job I could do it for him," he said with a loud guffaw.

"I am sure the girl could not bear to have you on top of her darling. You are hardly able to get it up the few times we do it."

"Bitch," he said mildly not really offended. "I will talk to him."

                                                      *************************************

"Michael wherever you are I am asking you to call me back please. i thought we were friends." Camille put away he phone and felt the tears surfacing. He had not called her and she was certain he was back from his sojourns. She needed him so badly that she had no idea what to do about it. Sh felt lost and alone and so down that she was finding it hard to eat. When they had been in high school together she and Peter had talked about so many things. he had told her about his parents and how cold they were and his dream of becoming the best surgeon there was! he had gone off to medical school and she had gone off to nursing school, not able to afford the college he had gone to and they had stayed in touch. She had loved him through then saving herself for him and telling herself that one day he would notice her as well. She got up from the sofa and went to get the wedding album. she ran her fingers over the soft white covers with the embossed initials: C.G & P.G. and the date. She blinked as she opened it and smiled a little as she saw herself being made up by the expert that his mother had gotten. She had been so happy anticipating being married to the man she loved at last! She turned the pages and saw the radiant smile on her face each time. Then she looked at him and her breath caught. Not one of the pictures had him smiling. he looked as if he was attending a funeral! She turned the leaves and each picture was  the same. "Oh God!" she cried clapping her hand to her mouth as she stared at the picture, her eyes bright with unshed tears. Why did he marry her? he obviously had never wanted to so why?