Chapter 5

"You could always follow him." Diane suggested. They were having lunch at the nearby cafe. After the fiasco that had been her birthday dinner they had barely spoken to each other. Camille was not sure how much longer she could stand the situation.
"What?" she looked at her friend startled.

"Honey you suspect him of cheating on you all you have to do is get the proof. he claims to work at night. Find out if he is really working."

Camille dug into her clam chowder listlessly before looking up at her friend. "I don't think I can do that."
"It is the only way you are going to set your mind at ease." Diane urged. "What's the harm?"
I could find out what I am fearing, she thought with an inward sigh. "I have to think about it."

"He is working tonight?"

"He works every night," she said with a catch in her throat. "Have you heard from Michael?"

"Honey you need to stop agonizing over not hearing from him." Diane told her gently.

"I need to speak to him." she said fretfully.

"You need to find out what your husband is up to honey." Diane told her. "Take my advice and follow him."

****************************************

Camille felt like an idiot! She had agonized over it and had gone home and thought about it some more. His parents had gone out to some function for the night so she had been glad for that. She had exchanged cars with Diane so he would not be able to tell that it was her. She had come armed with her jug of coffee and sandwiches to keep her for the night. She had been sitting outside the darkened car park for the past three hours without seeing him leave. At one point she had seen a doctor she knew come out and a nurse who worked in the ER come out and got into his car. She could just imagine what they were doing and the doctor was married with kids!

She was just about to give up when she saw him come out of the building and walked to his car. She slid down as he drove past her and waited until he was at a little distance before she followed him. He drove at a reasonable pace so it was easy to follow. Where was he going? she wondered as he made a right turn at the stop light. The neighborhood was very quiet with several apartment buildings lining the streets. She had passed there several times and she knew his best friend Jerome lived in one of them. Why was he visiting his friend so late at night? He parked and got out. Camille almost left relieved that it was not a woman as she had feared but something kept her waiting. Half an hour had passed and he was still in there. With a sudden decision she got out of the car and walked carefully towards the building. She was standing there for a moment wondering what to do next when someone came out and she was able to go in. Apartment 3 d that was what she had heard Peter said that Jerome lived. She went over and tried the door and to her surprise discovered that it was open. She pushed the door open and and crept into the darkened building. She stopped uncertainly as she heard the unmistakable sound of moaning coming from the bedroom. Her heart thudded inside her chest as she realized that her husband was using his best friend's pad as a love nest! With a fury that propelled her forward she marched to the bedroom and pushed the door open ready to rant at him and the woman but the sight that met her eyes had her legs going weak. It was her husband as she had never seen him before. He was crouched behind Jerome and they were both completely naked. His head was thrown back and his eyes were closed. Jerome was sobbing loudly and calling out his name in pleasure as Peter pounded into him roughly. Camille could not move! Surely what she was seeing was not true! She must have uttered a sound loud enough to be heard above the moans and sobs because they both looked up at her.

"Camille," he sprang out of Jerome, his rigid penis wet and fully erect. He was big, she thought objectively. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Nothing," she backed away. Jerome had scrambled up and was reaching for his clothes.