Chapter 12 (Continued)

"Mr. Michael Ramsey?"

"Yes who is this?"

"We found your number in Miss White's phone."

"Okay - wait you said you found my number in her phone? What the hell is going on?"

"Would you come down to County please. She is on her way there in an ambulance."

"What happened?" he felt to his stomach and his hands trembled.

"She was involved in an accident. A teen bumped into her hard while and she fell and hit her head."

"How is she? Oh God! She is pregnant! How is she?"

"We are not sure sir but could you meet us at the hospital?"

"Yes of course." he looked up as his secretary came in. "I have to go. Call my parents and tell them that Camille has been in an accident."

"Michael I am so sorry. What-"

"Just make the call!" he plunged his fingers in his hair and for a moment he stood there not knowing what to do.

"Michael?"

He looked over at the woman and shook his head. "I have to go."

                                                 *********************************

"Peter?"

"Yes?"

"It's Craig Sullivan."

"I am going into a surgery now Craig. May I call-"

"Your wife was just brought in."

"What?"

"Camille? I know that you guys are separated-"
"Divorced."

"Well she was just brought in, trauma to the brain. You are the best I know and I thought you would want to know."

"Is she prepped for surgery?"

"Just about and get this she is pregnant."

Peter closed his eyes briefly. "They are not going to allow me to-"

"I am clearing it. Get down here."

                                        ***************************************

He forced himself to get it together! he got to the hospital in record time and was shown into a private waiting room. His parents had apparently called ahead to pave the way for him. She was in surgery, a swelling on the brain. The baby was okay so far but the mother? Well surgery will have to speak.

He shot to his feet as the door opened and his expression became heated as he saw who it was suited up and ready to perform surgery. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Mr. Ramsey, Doctor Grayson has flown all the way here to operate on your fiance," Doctor Sullivan told him looking at both of them.

"Well he can fly all the way back. There is no way in hell is he touching her."

"I am the best there is," Peter told him grimly. "You can stay here having a pissing match with me or you can let me go and save her. It's up to you."

Michael's fist clenched and his chest hurt. "What are her chances?"

"Fifty - fifty." he told him bluntly. "If we can get the swelling down she has a chance."
"Listen to me," he approached Peter and stood toe to toe with him. "If you don't save her you answer to me."