1.

** Shelby POV **

That damn alarm clock. Everyday at 5:45 it decides to ruin my mood. After pressing snooze for a good thirty minutes, I finally think it is a good idea to drag myself out of bed. After my my long shower, I dressed myself in pink high-waisted shorts, grey cropped AC-DC shirt, and my beloved black Toms. With the minor application of foundation, mascara, and a little eyeliner I grabbed all of my things and crept out of my house before I could wake anyone up. 

The short drive to school must be the best part of my day. The uninterrupted music session  never fails. Today I filled my speakers with Sleeping With Sirens for the whole ride. Now was for the time I dreaded the most. School.

I walked into school and kept my head down trying to avoid eye contact with any of the girls who would bother me. The main girl to avoid, Alexa, walked my way. 

"Hey looser. Nice outfit you have there. Even a makeover wouldn't cure you." She scoffed and kept walking. 

"Bitch." I mumbled under my breath. I felt an arm come around my shoulder, so I looked over to see no one other than my best friend, Bren, she is the best friend a person could have.

"Something troubling you babes?" She says to me. I all I do is look at her and receive her sympathetic stare. "Alexa drag her heels and extensions your way this morning?" I nod trying to avoid conversation, and with that we skip off to class with our other best friend Daniel. 

The day dragged on and I just tried to stay away from the "Queen's" of campus praying I could make it home in one piece to play my guitar to forget my troubles. 

** Calum POV **

Being on tour is great, but the long rides in between shows can get a bit boring. The guys and the fans are great, but these journeys can sure get to a guy.

After much debate the only thing I could do with the other three asleep is kill brain cells watching YouTube videos. I typed in the one song I felt could satisfy my mood, 'Therapy' by All Time Low. On the first page I came across a cover, and due to my new found boredom and my curiosity I decided I should give it a listen.

My ship went down
In a sea of sound.
When I woke up alone I had everything:
A handful of moments I wished I could change
And a tongue like a nightmare that cut like a blade.

In a city of fools,
I was careful and cool,
But they tore me apart like a hurricane...
A handful of moments I wished I could change
But I was carried away.

Give me therapy.
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.
Therapy...
You were never a friend to me
And you can keep all your misery.

My lungs gave out
As I faced the crowd.
I think that keeping this up could be dangerous.
I'm flesh and bone,
I'm a rolling stone
And the experts say I'm delirious.

Give me therapy.
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.
Therapy...
You were never a friend to me
And you can take back your misery.

Arrogant boy,
Love yourself so no one has to.
They're better off without you.
(They're better off without you.)

Arrogant boy,
Cause a scene like you're supposed to.
They'll fall asleep without you.
You're lucky if your memory remains.

Give me therapy.
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.
Therapy...
You were never a friend to me
And you can take back your misery.

Therapy...
I'm a walking travesty
But I'm smiling at everything.
Therapy...
You were never a friend to me
And you can choke on your misery.

First thought: wow. I left a comment praising her voice under the 5 Seconds of Summer account, so that she will fully be aware of her talent.

I debated on telling the boys, but they were asleep but as I sat there re-watching the video I realized they had to see this now. Not only was this girls voice angelic, but she was stunning. A beautiful girl with great taste in music... What could be better? This could not wait until the morning. I ran into the back hitting all the bunks. 

"GUYS! Get up! I need to show you something now!"
"Calum, what the hell could be so important that it could not wait until morning?" The sleep demon, Luke exclaimed. After much pushing and groaning I finally got them lined up into the living room of the bus.
"Just wait in see" I slyly said with a wink.

After the video there jaws were on the floor. Ashton decided to break the silence, "I get it. She's incredible, but what would we have to do with it?"

I looked around for a little bit until the light bulb went off in my head. "Email the link to management." We all exchanged glances before deciding to draft up the email:
HEY ADAM! THIS IS DEFINITELY WORTH A LOOK. CALL ME AFTER YOU WATCH IT. Thanks, Cal

I pressed send, turned off my laptop, and dismissed the boys to bed following close behind. That night I could not get one thing off my mind.
'this girl is something special'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N Hi! I decided that it would be best to get the first chapter out tonight, and I will be posting as often as I can. I promise the story will get better. This is just the begining of the journey for Shelby. 

It would mean a lot if you voted and commented! 

Thanks people! :)