35.

** Shelby POV **

Every word that came out of her mouth was blending into my mind, and with every syllable my heart was breaking more and more. The fact that someone would do this to me. After all of the stuff that they witnessed I go through. They were willing to watch me break again. What a heartless bastard that person is.

I refuse to accept that Brad would do this to me. We used to be the closet of people when we were growing up, and he knew all the damage my dad caused me. Like refusing to go to dates from fear of falling for some shit. This was not the Bradley Brookes I grew up with. This was all just a dream.

With another breath I stood up and ran out of the room to get away from the horrid situation. I closed myself in the bathroom for what felt like the millionth time. I sunk onto the cold tile and placed my head into my hands letting the sobs escape from the back of my throat. A pounding at my door made me stiffen, and when I didn't answer it Calum gave himself permission to push himself in.

Damn, should have locked the door.

He crouched down next to me without saying anything and wrapped his arms around me. Allowing me to soak his shirt with tears. His hand ran up and down my back occasionally playing with my long hair. It felt soothing as he whispered sweet things into my ear trying to convince me that everything will be okay.

"Let it out, baby." He whispered while continuing to rub y back as the tears continued to flow. "It'll be okay."

"No." I whispered trying to keep him from hearing my confession. He pulled away to look down at me with a face full of confusion and worry. "It isn't okay Calum! Don't you get that? Everyone always finds a way to make me look at the world in the shittiest way and I'm done. I can't handle this anymore! I can't handle the lies, and how do I know I can trust you? You are probably looking for the chance to fuck me over to. I'll beat you to it. We are done."

Without allowing him to answer I pushed him off of me. I got up hoping to go walk out of the room to go hide out in Bren's room for a while so I could get away. As I was walking out of the room, Calum spun me around to face him. He pulled me into his chest and forcefully pressing his lips to mine.

I closed my eyes after a moment allowing the surprising action to take me under. I allowed him to deepen the kiss without a second thought. A deep moan came from the back of his throat while his hands moved down to my waist pulling me closer to him. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as he left one less kiss linger on my lips.

He pulled me into his chest without saying another word while the sobs started to escape again. I hated breaking down in front of him. It made me feel incredibly weak to do this once again in front of him, but I have no control over it anymore.

"I'm sorry." I managed to choke out while the tears continued to stream down my face.

"I know you didn't mean it, baby. Look at me." He stated while putting his finger under my chin guiding my gaze into his big brown eyes. "I am never going to purposely do anything to hurt you. I am a dumbass so there may be times I fuck up, but I will never put you in the position to be like this. I am here for you through all of this, and I will do anything in my power to protect you."

"I love you." I blurted without having to think twice about it. I pulled him closer to me once again allowing his scent to fill through my nose. His arms around me immediately making me feel safe and warm once again.

"I love you too, Shelbs." He replied making me smiled at the ancient nickname that I haven't heard come out of his mouth in what felt like years.

"I should probably go talk to Payten?" I said with a smug look after minutes of standing in his embrace.