4.

** Shelby POV **

After a good thirty minutes of driving I made it back to my house. When I walked into the door the alarm beeped, and I was met with a very angry looking mother sitting in the living room.

"Hi mom...."

"Shelby, you cannot keep doing this. When you get upset you can't just run from your problems. First it is skipping school and now you are just leaving the house? I do not know what to do with you anymore. I think it is time for you to get some help, and deal with your problems.' My mom said sternly, but still in a whisper.

"That is not an option mom. It is a waste of time and money. We both know I will sit there and not talk. And why are you whispering?"

"Shelby, you need to. This is not helping your anxiety or your grades. You cannot keep hiding out up in your room with your guitar. At this rate you will end up alone." My mom continued harshly.

Those words hit a bone. That is one of my fears. Being alone. Everything in life will be okay if you have somebody, but with my issues I fear letting people in. It took Bren almost a year for me to trust her, and for me to open up about my past. I felt tears start to work there way down my cheek, and when I looked up my moms gaze it lost a bit of its intensity. "MOM! JUST LET IT GO!" I yelled. With that I ran up my stars wiping my cheek with the back of my hand. As I made my way closer to my attic room I heard hushed whispers, and I immediately become a little scared about what is waiting for me at the top of my stairs.

When I got there I was met with four different sets of eyes. "SURPRISE!" The familiar looking strangers yelled, but when they saw my current state their excitement faulted. At first I felt a little embarrassed for them to meet me for the first time with tear stained cheeks while wearing leggings and a big shirt, but when I maid eye contact with the brown hair boy he gave me a look that made my curiosity for him grow.

I almost lost it due to my excitement. The sadness I felt moments before did not seem to phase me. I tried to stay composed. I had too. "Umm.. Hi? I am Shelby."

"We know." They said all at once which turned out to be a little creepy.

"I am Luke. This is Ashton, Michael, and Calum." He said pointing at them as he went down the line.

"I know." I said with a giggle.

"We are here to deliver some good news!" Michael said full of excitement I thought he was going to fall over.

"So Calum here stumbled across one of your videos, and he just so happened to have sent it to management." Ashton said looking over to the Kiwi boy who was wearing a slight blush. After the adorable cackle Ashton is know to do he continued, "They loved your cover and wanted to ask you to fly out to LA to meet with them."

As the boys stared at me waiting for a reply, my jaw was basically lying on the floor. "Are you serious?" I almost screamed at the boys.

"Dead." Luke said with a little smirk. "They want you to fly out there this Sunday to meet with them on Monday! Everything is paid for and your mom said it would be okay. You will also being staying at ours with us. Okay?" He continued.

I screeched and ran over to them. I latched myself onto the first three. Luke, Ashton, and Michael hugged me back. "Of course I will. Is that even a question?" I said laughing releasing myself from the trio. I walked over to the brunette and wrapped my arms around him. "Thank you so much. You do not know how much this means to me." I pulled away to give him and smile that he gladly returned. I nuzzled my head into his neck. After a few moments it grew a little awkward with the other three boys staring at us.

Calum pulled away giving me a smile. This moment gave me that sensation of butterflies that I have never had before. It was absolutely wonderful and completely terrifying. Calum grabbed my hand, and pulled me into the other room closing the door and leaving the other three boys standing in my loft.

** Calum POV **

When I saw her come up the stairs I was immediately heart broken. To see her crying was terrible for me, and it took all of me not to run up to her and take her into my embrace.

The surprise went well, and I was glad to see that this is something she really wanted. When Shelby came to me to hug me on her own I felt my face turn red. The boys stared at me with her back turned pulling funny faces. I tried not to laugh and when she nuzzled her face into my neck I felt the hairs on my neck stand up where she was breathing.

When I pulled apart I grabbed her hand and forced her into her room. She looked at my a little fearful, and I automatically felt bad. "Shelby, are you okay?"

"Eh- yeah. Why wouldn't I be? I am going to LA!"

"No I meat about earlier. I am not gonna ask if you were crying because I do not want you to deny it. I just want to make sure you are okay.."

"Y-yeah. I mean I will be." She replied obviously forcing a smile. I did not want to force her to tell me anything even though it was so hard not too.

I gave her a little smile before hugging her again due to my crave for her touch. "Okay, just know that I am here to talk to you whenever you need too." I said into her neck. I could feel her slightly blush involuntarily bringing a smile to my face.

I released and grabbed her hand bringing her back out into the loft. Luke gave me a look silently saying 'tell me later' to which I nodded.

Sadly we had a show that night, so the boys and I had to leave. After saying our goodbyes we left starting our hour drive back to the stadium to get ready for our show. I filled in the boys in on what happened in her room and they all made kissy faces making all four of us fall into fits of laughter. After I composed myself, I decided I would send her a text.

"We are about to get to the stadium, but I just wanted to tell you again. I am always here to talk. Hangout tomorrow when you get out of school? Talk to you soon x."

"Thanks. That is really great to know. Sure thing. I get out at 2. See you then! ~Shelby"

"Will we pick you up from school :) x."

"Alright. Have a great show. ~Shelby"

With that I put my phone away to head off to stage. I had a feeling this was going to be a good show.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yay! Double update! Let me know what you think.

Vote and Comment! :)

-Em :)