2.

** Sheby POV ** 

Wednesday? That's it. The alarm clock captured me from my sleep once again, and after my usual morning routine and throwing on black leggings, a tie-dyed crop top, jean vest, and brown combat boots i ran out the door. I felt like today was going to be terrible. I haven't even had time to check my YouTube or play guitar with all of my homework. 

As I began walking up to the main building I was immediately hit with something scorching hot."I thought your zombie look could use a little bit of caffeine" Alexa said as her and her minions followed suit. I stood there dumbfounded. When my eyes began to gloss over i darted off to the bathroom, locked myself into the stall, and dialed Bren's number. 

"SOS. Girls bathroom 3800 building." With that I hung up and within seconds the door was swung open. I busted out of the stall and threw my arms around the worried girl. 

"Are you okay? Did Alexa do this? I swear! She needs to stop messing with you!" Bren yelled full of anger. All i could do was squeeze her tighter for her to calm down. "How about we ditch today and just order a pizza or something, yeah?" I sadly nodded and we only drifted to get into out cars. Shortly after we were at my house watching funny movies shoving our faces with food. 

"You need to stop letting her get to you like this." Bren said sternly. 

"I will one day, but not now. I just need to get myself together. I will be okay." I answered. Bren looked at me knowing nothing was going to change soon, but shook it off knowing I could not handle anything else today. 

After a few hours I told her I would be fine, and I let her leave my house. In that moment  I realized I should check my YouTube page. Once I logged on I saw a few thousand more subscribers and loads of likes on my video. "That is odd" I mumbled to myself. I scrolled through my comments to see the wonderful words of people on my 'Therapy' video. One caught my eye though. I screamed and almost broke my laptop due to my excitement. My mom came in and yelled at me to be more respectful to the other people in the house while I just rolled my eyes.

Going back to my laptop I read over the comment a couple hundred times. It was from one of favorite bands 5 Seconds of Summer it said: This cover is so unique and amazing. I see amazing things in your future babe. x.  

In that moment I think I forgot how to breathe. I liked the comment and simply replied with a thank you trying to keep my cool. 

After the emotional day I had, that comment was exactly what I needed. I randomly felt the urge to make an unplanned cover. Today has inspired a cover of the song 'Human' by Christina Perri. 

After the performance I gave my thanks and posted the video feeling suddenly relieved and ready to take on whatever that bitch Alexa would throw at me tomorrow. 

As I was about to log of I felt the need to check my Twitter. I had gained a good handful due to my YouTube activity. In my DM's I had a message from no one other than Calum Hood. 

"You are insanely talented. If you see this please message me back. I have a thing or two to talk to you about. Thanks. x."

On the inside I was fangirling a little too much, but once again I wanted to seem like I wasn't. 

"Hey Calum, thank you so much. That means a lot coming from someone with your abilities. Ask away. ~Shelby"

After I sent that I knew I either I had to be dreaming or hallucinating, so I thought it would be best if I went to bed.  

** Calum POV ** 

"Maybe sending her a message was a little too much? What is she thought I was weird? She might not want to be associated with us anymore? What if-"

"OH MY GOD! CALUM IF YOU DO NOT SHUT UP!" Michael yells laughing. "She may have been busy the past few days. Just breathe, bud."

"You are probably right. You know what, I am going to check YouTube and Twitter one more time today before I loose my mind." I continued trying to hid my embarrassment. All the boys juts walk out of the room without saying another word. I look her up on YouTube- ShelbyMarie16- only to see that she has posted another cover! I almost could not hold in my excitement as I watch the video. She was incredible and there was so much raw emotion in the performance. I was so intrigued. I just want to know everything about her. "This might be creepy" I mumbled to myself. 

After the video I like and comment just like before. Out of curiosity I checked my twitter to be met with a new DM from no one other than Shelby. 

"Hey Calum, thank you so much. That means a lot coming from someone with your abilities. Ask away. ~Shelby"

I was relieved to see a reply, but I did not know how to approach this. Management loved her video and decided to meet with her leaving me to relay on the message, but I did not want to come out and say that. I wanted to physically see her excitement if that meant I had to travel the world to witness it. I finally thought of a plan and knew I had to go through with it. There was no exceptions and no other way. If I wanted to meet this mysterious girl with the breath taking appearance serious measures had to be taken. 

"This might be easier on the phone, so here is my number. Text me as soon as you get this. Talk to you soon. x." 

With that I attached my number and stared at my phone until I finally heard a *ding*.

Let the journey begin. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hi again! This is three times tonight, but I just wanted to get this started and be able to write more due to my total lack of motivation for my actual school work. 

I hope you are enjoying the story so far! Please vote and comment letting me known what you think! 

Thanks, Em :)