31.

** Shelby POV **

The sunlight came through the window of our hotel room in Paris. The events of the few days before flooded back into my mind. It was safe to say that this city will forever be my favorite place in the world. In this city, I finally felt like I can trust people again, and Calum was the one who helped me be able to do that. He was there to replace the emptiness in my heart I had after my dad.

I turned myself over to be facing in the direction of a shirtless Calum. His arm was draped across me, and soft snores were escaping from his mouth. I scanned my eyes across his face trying to memorize every feature. He was truly mesmerizing. I brought my hand up to softly trace his jawline. I felt him groan under me before tightening his grip on my waist pulling me closer.

“What are you doing?” He mumbled in his morning voice making me giggle trying to hide my blushing face. Honestly, his voice gives me stomach pains. His tone gets deeper, his voice becomes raspy, and his Australian accent is incredibly thick. It is weird that he can make me melt by just talking.

“Nothing.” I mumbled into his chest before kissing his torso. It was his turn to laugh a bit, and then he kissed the top of my head. The room fell silent, but it was a good kind. We were just enjoying laying here together.

 I could feel his eyes on me while he tightened his grip even more around me. It was almost suffocating me.  “Cal. Can’t. Breathe.” I said trying to breathe. He completely release me, turned around to face the other way, and started to pout. I tried not to laugh before moving up to whisper in his ear. “Baby…”

“No.” He pouted making a huffing noise. “You are discriminating towards black babies.” When he said that I could not hold in my laughter any more, and he soon followed.

“That literally makes no sense, Calum Thomas Hood.” I said looking into his eyes while trying to be serious once I was able to stop laughing. He looked down at me for a second before getting extremely close to me.

“Did I ask for your opinion, Shelby Marie Brookes?” He mimicked before kissing my lips. I pulled away and scrunched up my face.

“No kissing until all teeth are brushed!” I yelled as I got up to run to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

After a few more minutes I walked back into the room to find Calum laying on the bed being propped up by his elbow staring at me. “Why are you staring at me? It is making me uncomfortable.”

“You look good in my shirts. That’s all.” He shrugged while getting up from the bed and walking towards me. I then remembered I was only in one of his t-shirts and a pair of underwear. I put my head down so he would not be able to see me blushing. He put his thumb under my chin to make me look up at him before kissing me softly.

“Brush your teeth.” I said against his lips before pulling away to walk away leaving him standing there. I smacked his butt, and without hesitation he walked into the bathroom laughing.

I made my way over to our bed, and grabbed my phone to check twitter. I was surprised to have three missed calls and ten text messages. I read them, and started to panic. I shot up from the bed, and threw on a pair of leggings under his shirt, a pair of converse, and threw my hair in a ponytail. I pushed all of our stuff together.

“What is going on here?” Calum asked from the side of the room.

“Get your shit together! We are late! Our plane leaves in less than an hour!” When the words came out of my mouth his eyes widened. Our actions made me think of a tornado. Calum was grabbing clothes and pushing them in his bag while he was jumping around to put on pants. It was safe to say we were a hot mess.

We ran out of the hotel room and made it into a taxi in less than ten minutes. When we finally pulled up to the airport, and made it to the rest of the lot I felt better. I sat down next to the group, and looked over to Calum making myself chuckle.

“What’s so funny?” He asked while poking my cheeks.

“Us getting ready and out of the hotel room in ten minutes.” I said while putting my head on his shoulder still laughing a bit. I felt someone join our little group. When I looked up I saw Rebecca with a blank expression on her face.

“Well, look who decided to join us.” She said with a cheeky smile. “You have to keep this boy in order, Shelby.” She said finally having a little laugh.

“In my defense, he is never on time.” I said in a mocking tone.

“It is good thing you made it. We have a tight schedule for the next week. Not a lot of leisure time.” She said directed to all of us making all of us groan.

Soon after, we got called to board our plane. I was sat next to Calum of course. I had my head on his shoulder looking through twitter while he played with my hair with one hand. In the other was his phone talking to fans.

Right when I was about to put my phone away it buzzed with a text from a number I don’t know. To be honest, it was kind of weird. I only text the people who are on the plane with me.

Unknown: Hey, Shelby. It is Payten. I stole your number from Brad’s phone. I hope you don’t mind. I kind of need to talk to you…

I immediately saved the number into my phone. Then, I read the text over and over again going to reply. My thoughts were interrupted by a flight attendant telling me to turn my phone off. I groaned making all my friends around me laugh. I looked back down at my phone before replying.

Me: Alright, I am on a plane right now actually. We are about to take off, so I can’t talk. I’ll call you late, yeah?

I sent the message, and went to turn off my phone. Right before I was about to hit the off button to shut it down it buzzed again.

Payten: It is kind of important, so do not forget. Have a safe flight.

***************************************

A/N: I honestly hate taking forever to update. Especially that when I do it is super short. Anyways... 

Please vote and comment. It would also mean a lot to me if you shared this. Let me know what you are thinking about the story and such. Also tell me some things you want to see happen in this story. 

I have decided to do something from now on. I will only update once I read a goal for the story/chapter.

 GOAL: 

AT LEAST 100 VOTES ON THE WHOLE STORY, AND ONLY 5 VOTES COUNT COMING FROM THIS CHAPTER (that is only 13 more total) 

&&&&&&&&&&&&&

3 COMMENT ON THIS CHAPTER 

Lots of love and thanks to you all 

-Em :)