9. Hyde

Hyde was one of the most exclusive clubs in Los Angeles. The celebrities' hive, as they said. She had never been to Hyde even though she admired the view from afar. She dressed in a nice black dress, thinking if she was overdressed for the occasion. She got into a taxi and got herself in front of Hyde. Taking a long breath, she walked to the club. The two bouncers in front stopped her.

"Miss, your name?" one of the bouncers asked.

"Jack, I'll take her from here," Patricia heard a man say from behind the bouncer. Hugh.

"You look nice," Patricia blurted out.

The man chuckled and replied, "Thank you, love. You look gorgeous".

They walked in the club and the loud music played in the background. The duo walked to one of the lounges and saw Mads already sitting there. Oh wow. Patricia checked him out. He looked classy and even better than Hugh. She cleared her throat and sat next to Hugh.

"You might want to sit next to Mads, the paparazzi are all around," Hugh pointed.

"Oh yes, that," she nervously giggled and sat next to him. Why am I here?

"You know, you don't really have to do this. Just go!" Mads said sternly.

"Geez, man, what's wrong?" Hugh snapped. "Love, you want to go and dance?"

Patricia nodded and walked away as she glared at the man. Mads knew Hugh's games. He flirted around but was in love with his fiancee. He warned her already about the fact that Hugh was going to leave as soon as the mini-break up is over. She is an idiot. He drank his wine as he watched them. She looks better than she usually does. He slapped himself mentally for even thinking that. The dim lights and smoke in the club made it almost impossible to even look at people properly from a distance. He still managed to figure that Hugh whispered something in her ears and her smile immediately faded away. Mads saw her nod quickly and Hugh walked to Mads.

"Claire just texted me. I have to leave, keep her company, yeah?" Hugh shook hands with him and then left.

Patricia was still dancing with some strangers and Mads watched her. She wasn't good at showing emotions, that much he figured. She didn't want Hugh to leave and she was too stubborn to come and sit with Mads. Maybe she thought I'll rub it on her face and well, I would have. He sipped on his drink. She was trying to enjoy the song and that's when he noticed that she was way too into the dance that she didn't notice the hands that were on her. He frowned and walked to the crowd. Her eyes locked with his and she looked confused. He was inches away from her and he slipped his hands around her waist pushing the other people away. The hazy lights and smell of alcohol surrounded them. She swayed her hips as he twirled her. He pulled her back to him and now her hands were on his chest; their bodies pressed against each other. He twirled her once more and her back was now on his chest and his breath on her neck.

"Play along," Mads whispered. Wait, what?

She looked around to find people looking at them with cameras in their hands. She smiled instantly to make them believe it was real. She pressed herself more against him which made his groin be at a very uncomfortable position. God damn it, Patricia. He was a man, after all. He hadn't felt a woman so close in months and avoided every possible situation to not do something that he will regret. She turned around to face him. Her heels helped her to face him properly.

"Let's give them a show," Patricia smirked. What does she me-

Even before he could process the thought in his head, her lips were on his and they were kissing. Her soft lips made his eyes shut and pull her closer than they already were. She bit on his lips and his mouth opened. Her tongue swirled in and they were kissing french style. All his thoughts processed in the wrong direction but he couldn't stop. They could hear the sound of camera clicking and once it had stopped, they stopped too. Patricia awkwardly looked away and so did Mads. This wasn't meant to happen. He thought and took her to the lounge. They both walked out of Hyde quickly and got into the car.

Patricia was quiet the whole ride. They went into different rooms in the same hotel apartment and closed the doors without speaking another word. She was angry on Hugh for leaving her midway and she was angrier on Mads for being right. She did have a thing for Hugh and Hugh was just being flirty with her. They had nothing together. She sighed. Maybe kissing him was a bad idea, but it was harmless, wasn't it? She groaned and went to bed. She didn't want to think of these now. Life was already hard for her, she didn't need twists of emotions.

Mads smoked as he watched the city. He never imagined kissing anyone else than his wife, his ex-wife. Of course, he kissed his co-stars but that was for the sake of the movies. This was different. This had something else in it. Apart from the fact that he wanted to make his ex-wife feel bad for leaving him, there was something that he couldn't explain. He felt like he was cheating his own emotions and feelings. But it was so harmless. He thought and sighed. This was his fault. He got her into this and there was no going back. If he told the media that he broke up with his so-called girlfriend, that would leave everything in a mess. Suddenly, his phone buzzed.

"Så du kysser en pige halvdel af din alder, forfærdelig dad. Hun er endda to år yngre end mig," the text read from his daughter, Viola. (Saw you kissing a girl half of your age, damn good, dad. She's even two years younger than me.)

Since when does she care? He frowned.