40. The intimate bridal shower

Patricia was half asleep by the time her hair was done. Urnisha shook her and shot up straight. She was tired from last night and even though Mads was slow and tender, he did her good. He was always that good anyways. Patricia yawned and checked the time. She had fifteen minutes till the bridal shower.

 She had fifteen minutes till the bridal shower

Patricia seemed pleased with her attire. Urnisha notified her that she hadn't lost much hair, thanks to the medicine she was taking. She had lost weight but it wasn't very evident on the camera. Mads stayed back to go around the city with Cassie, Nathaniel, Diego and Carl. It was a boy's thing as he said with a baby. She rolled her eyes at the thought of it. However, she wasn't looking forward to see Viola there. That woman hates me with everything she has I guess. 

Patricia walked to the car and soon arrived at the venue where the bridal shower was taking place. As usual, the setting was very ellaborate. Even though Patricia loved grandeur, this was too much to take. I am no one to judge. She chuckled and walked in. There were many people there already. Larissa hadn't arrived yet. She was not a bridesmaid or a maid of honor and she didn't mind that. She sat down on the table where her name sat nicely wrapped in a sky blue ribbon. The chandelier hung from top and a slow music played. Soon Larissa arrived and Patricia desperately searched for Viola who was nowhere to be found. She was a little relieved. The event started with the speeches, as much as Patricia loved the intimacy between the women, some of them you could say were faking it all. The crocodile tears and the hair flip, this was the sane version of mean girls or bride wars. You and your movies! Patricia mentally argued with herself. Finally the time came for Larissa.

"Today, we have a very special guest among us and you probably all know about her. She's my fiance's cousin, Patricia Blanco. You all might know her from E!News and Oscars but she's a big thing in Hollywood," Larissa made eye contact with her. 

Patricia blushed at the comments and became very conscious of all the curious stares and some flashes here and there. "However, I couldn't keep her as my bridesmaid or a maid of honor even though I wanted to. She's going through Multiple Myeloma, poor soul. Oh, those of you who don't know what it is, it's, uh, blood cancer. Please pray for my sister-in-law. We all love you so much," Larrisa spoke.

Patricia's eyes widened. No one was supposed to know about this. Is Larissa an idiot? She searched for her mother who was at the other end of the event with her hand on her mouth. Larissa called her on the stage and she was very reluctant to go. Walk on the bloody stage! She scolded herself and walked through the crowd of whispers. She took the little hamper being given to her by Larissa and she soon took off from the scene. All she could hope was no one from the media was there but these paparazzis are sneaky. 

"Are you alright?" Agnella finally came to the scene.

"I am okay, I just didn't want everyone to know like this! Didn't Larissa know?" Patricia hissed.

"She did! I don't know why she pulled a stunt like this," Agnella replied.

"Let's just not react, okay?" Patricia calmed herself down.