33. Being the greater self

Patricia woke up early in the morning and looked over Mads who was sleeping next to her. Scarlett was in the living room sleeping, she had stayed over after dinner. Oh the wine! She rubbed her temples before walking downstairs. Yawning she made coffee for herself and looked at the newspaper. Reviews about 'The Martian' was coming in and they were all great. She couldn't believe that it was doing so good. As she read the reviews, her phone rang. Spike, thank God! 

"Hello! Where are you?" Patricia asked as soon as she picked up the phone.

"I am back in Los Angeles and I looked over the editing. You did a pretty good job with it," Spike answered. "Now, are you free?" he asked.

"I have interviews to take in an hour and then interviews to give," Patricia replied.

"Oh damn, you have to fly to New York tomorrow because the premiere is day after tomorrow," Spike informed her.

"But I thought-" she was cut off.

"The date got a little changed. Long story! I will catch up with you later," Spike hung up. That escalated quick. 

She sighed. Scarlett came to the kitchen after a while. The rest of the morning was eventful. All the interviewees were at her home, almost dumbfounded but regardless, they gave a good interview. Mads informed that he found a new assistant as well named Roxanna. He showed her picture of the girl. She was a beautiful brunette who aged 32 and had an extensive CV. 

"I think she will do a good job," Mads said.

"Yeah," Patricia replied. I am a little concerned. 

As for Patricia, she selected a 28 year old man named Luke Benthrow as her PR manager. He was a tall 6 feet 2 inch guy who aspired to be a NFL player but ended up in the agency because he needed to take care of his younger sister, Lavender. He was working in the industry for five years and had a relatively good background. He was half American and half Caucasian. His parents died in a car accident when he was 19 years old but in general he was a very jolly guy and got along with Patricia very soon.

Her manager was a beautiful half African-half American named Belinda Porter. She was of her age and they had similar interests. She was the only child like her and both her parents lived in Detroit. Her father was a banker while her mother owned a bakery shop. Another jolly minded person who had the same energy as hers.

The fashion stylist was a woman named Urnisha Bose. She was a 33 year old Indian-Aussie single mother with an adorable ten year old son named Yash. Urnisha previously had worked with Louis Vitton, Gucci and Armani so Patricia thought she would be a good choice. 

As soon as they were all confirmed their positions, Patricia informed them about her work schedule and asked them to work in collaboration. She didn't want any problem between the three of them. Afterwards, Urnisha was off to picking her dress for the premiere while Luke and Belinda went to the interview with her. Patricia introduced everyone with them and asked them to contact Belinda for getting any further appointments etc. The interview was over in two hours and they were back home.

"We'll all have to fly for New York tomorrow," Patricia informed.

"I have never been to a premiere before," Belinda blushed.

"It's not that hard. You just have to smile," Luke joked.

"It's actually true. I smile a lot and you should try doing that," Patricia imitated smiling.

Belinda blushed and worked  on the papers. Urnisha came with her dress after a while which she tried on and loved. As the day came to an end, the other lefts and she was once again left alone in her mansion. But thanks to her saviour who arrived at her doorsteps with pizza.

"They say it's really good," Mads informed and walked in the house.

"I was craving pizza, you know," Patricia chuckled and opened the packet.

"Yeah well, I think I know that well enough," Mads kissed her.

Before Patricia could get back to eating, Mads held her hand and hugged her. This was one of those hugs were everything feels right and you feel like you're in a trance. 

"I need to tell you something," Mads sighed.

"Everything okay?" Patricia asked.

"We're both going to be so busy from now on and things might go rough but we've been together for almost a year and there is something we never said to each other because we thought we needed time but I've had enough time taken. I don't want to waste my time anymore thinking that you might not feel the same," Mads said. "Patricia, I love you and I have never loved anyone the way I love you. I never knew I was capable of so much love until you came into my life," Mads held her hands.

Patricia became very teary, "Oh babe, I love you too".

They hugged each other tightly. They had finally said it to each other. They took all the time in the world, just to know each other and heal each other before pouring their heart again. After confessing their love for each other, they were back at eating pizza. Life didn't have to bling for them, nor did it have to surrounded by stars but when they had each other, that's all that ever mattered. Life was simply wonderful with each other and the whole experience just got ten times better.