24. Feelings unsure

Patricia sighed at the person who was standing in front of him but she was unable to just turn and leave. She looked at him without any expressions. What does he want?

"Honey, I'm done taking the coff-oh hello maybe?" Cara McLoughlin came from behind Sean. Of course he is here with her!

"Hi Cara," Patricia weakly greeted the Irish woman.

"Happy birthday, Alizah," Sean wished her, almost inaudible.

"Thank you but my birthday was yesterday," Patricia corrected him.

"I'll wait for you in the car," Cara left them alone. I never knew she was that smart.

"I can never forget your birthday. I just didn't know how to call you. You and him were all over the news yesterday," Sean said, clearly unpleased. "Another stunt?" he asked.

"Not really," she breathed out. "We are officially in a relationship since yesterday," she informed.

Sean just stared at her blank. She felt guilty for breaking the news like this to him. He made another girl pregnant for God's sake, this is the least of what I can do. She lectured herself in her head.

"You moved on fast," Sean said with disgust.

"Not faster than you," Patricia looked out the window to see Cara waiting for Sean. "You should go," Patricia took her coffee and walked out.

"Wait, I had something for you," Sean stopped her, pulling out a small blue box with a white ribbon on it.

"Sean, I can't take this. Mads wouldn't like it," Patricia pushed the box away.

"Please," his voice croaked and Patricia couldn't say no.

She quickly took the box and got to her car to drive back home. Her eyes was breaming with tears. There was a time when Sean was her entire world and now he was in arms of someone else. Why does he still have to do this to me? She was trying to heal herself and forget him but he was making it harder. She parked her car and got to the elevator to find Mads waiting for her.

"I called you a couple of times, babe," Mads hugged her.

"I am sorry, my phone was on silent," Patricia replied.

He kissed her and they got to her apartment. Mads felt that she was a little stressed out but he didn't think it was the right time to ask her. Natalie was packing her bags when they came. Mads still had no clue what happened to her but he didn't ask. Natalie hugged her.

"Visit France soon, okay? Mama misses you," Natalie kissed her cheek.

"Let me just sort out a bit more and I'll definitely come by. Also, you stay strong," Patricia cupped her cheeks.

"I will," Natalie replied and smiled at Mads. "You keep her happy, okay? She deserves it," she added and hugged Mads.

"Of course, you take care of yourself. If you ever need help, you know where to find us," Mads replied.

Natalie left the house with a weak smile on her face. Patricia got in her bedroom to change while Mads made her coffee. Should I open it? Patricia fought herself. She stared at the gift box and finally decided to open it. There was a beautiful pocket watch with engravings inside - 'No matter where you are, who you are with, I will always truly, completely love you'.

She felt torn apart. He doesn't deserve to treat me like this. She wiped her tears and Mads bursted in.

"Coff-Patricia, are you okay?" He rushed to her and his eyes fell on the watch in her hand. "Who gave you this?" he asked. Do I really want to know the answer?

"Sean," she replied. "I met him today while coming back home. I was just done with the meeting with Eddie and Tim. He was there with her," she added.

Mads didn't know what to say but he felt really sad. He knew she was still healing but he didn't know that Sean still affected her so much. He sighed and stared at the engraving. He loves her but does she love him? They still hadn't said the L word. He was ready to finally tell her but now he was unsure. He didn't want his heart broken again.

"Forget this," Patricia kept the pocket watch inside the box again. "I'll give this back to him," she added.

"Why?" He finally asked.

"Why not?" She asked back.

Mads didn't say anything. He was sort of relieved that she was giving it back to him but he was worried that she would meet him again. He didn't want her to meet him alone. What if he takes her away from me? Patricia walked into her closet and changed. Mads was really worried now. Is she sure of me or am I just a rebound?

"You don't have much work tomorrow," Patricia informed him yanking him out of his thoughts. "Do you want to come with me to see a few houses?" she asked.

He nodded and handed her the coffee mug. They walked to the living room. Mads decided to make the most out of whatever they have now. If he decided to leave him and be happy then that's what he will accept. He kissed her forehead and watched the promise ring he gave her in her finger.

"Didn't you take it off?" Mads asked.

"Of course not," Patricia smiled.

Mads smiled back and snuggled close to her. They turned on the television with the intention of watching but they both drifted to sleep.