38. A daughter

Patricia and Mads looked at the little girl who sat next to Anthony, very quietly. She was wearing a sweet yellow sundress and her hair was in a ponytail. Her bangs fell over her forehead and the light freckles over her rosy cheeks. Her hair was a shade of dark brown and her eyes were a shade of blue. Sean's eyes. Patricia noticed her full lips and button nose. Cara's features. The girl was a combination of the two people and she was gorgeous. Last night, she had a conversation with Mads and Mads thought it would be a great idea to get a baby in the house. He knew how lonely Patricia felt when she wasn't working so a baby would be a beautiful distraction. Seeing the girl, he missed his daughter. Patricia, now at twenty seven, had once imagined to be a mother. Mads was fifty five and wanted a child of their own but never expressed his thoughts to his woman. She was too ill to bear a child. Patricia slowly asked the girl to come sit next to her. Cassandra obliged silently and hopped off the couch to sit next to her. 

"What's your name?" asked Patricia.

"Cassandra Saphire McLoughlin-Peterson," Cassandra replied very politely. "What's your name?" she asked, almost acting like a mature woman.

"My name is Patricia Alizah Blanco," she answered with a smile. "You have a pretty big name," she added.

"Thank you," Cassandra shyly replied.

"Would you like to take a look at the house?" Patricia asked and she nodded.

Patricia took her in her arms before taking her on a house tour. Mads and Anthony were left along in the room. 

"Thanks for yesterday," Mads smiled at the man.

"Not a problem, and thanks to you for agreeing to take care of Cassie," Anthony smiled back.

"Patricia loves kids but," Mads paused. 

"I understand," Anthony quickly spoke. "You have now a kid at your home that should make up for it," he added, cheerfully.

"I hope so," Mads replied. "You could move in, you know. Stay closer to Cassie," Mads insisted.

"No, it's alright. I will get a house of my own when I become the next big thing," Anthony joked.

"Patricia was thinking to renovate a spare room for Cassie and after she is done with her treatment, we might move back to Toronto," Mads informed.

Anthony nodded and after a while Patricia came back. She informed the men that Cassie had chosen a room for herself. Mads happily called some renovators to redesign the room for Cassie. Patricia wanted to treat her like her own daughter and that's what she was doing. She couldn't adopt her because that wouldn't be feasible but Anthony worked on the papers for co-guardianship of Cassie. She was a bright child and very adaptable as well. She had to inform the rest of the people and so she quickly sent a text to everyone and then got a rush of calls. Of course. She had to slowly explain the whole thing to everyone.

"Alright, great! But you are coming to my wedding, aren't you?" Nathaniel asked.

"Yes, I am and I am also bringing Cassie with me," Patricia replied.

"Of course. If you and Mads are her guardians, then I don't think it's much of a trouble," Nathaniel said before hanging up.

"Everyone seems excited and confused," Patricia informed Mads.

"Of course. I told Carl and Viola as well," Mads sighed. "Carl seems excited to see her but Viola didn't have a reaction," he added.

"Of course," Patricia mumbled. "You remember Nathaniel's wedding next week, don't you?" she asked and he nodded.

Cassie came from the other room and knocked on the door. Patricia looked at the door and saw the girl with her teddy bear.

"I can't sleep," she pouted.

Patricia chuckled and walked to her. She picked the little Cassie up and snuggled her in the bed. Mads followed suit. This seemed very perfect, and Patricia smiled weakly to herself. Only if she could give this happiness to Mads. She sighed and soon they fell asleep.

The following week, Patricia finished Anthony's script and was delighted that he gave it to her. She notified him that she would hitch the script with a few producers and he was more than happy to hear from her. Patricia made a few calls and sent in the script to interested producers. Cassandra was following Patricia everywhere and was going with her to work. She was such a polite child and the new addition to the family was all over the news. Mads was coming home early to spend time with Cassie. Carl and Michele were invited to Nathaniel's wedding as well. Viola was hesistating to come but regardless said yes. Patricia was finally meeting Viola up front. They have always maintained a good distance from each other but life had some other plans. 

Suddenly, before the day she would fly to Naples, she got a call from none other than, Sean. What does he want now?

"Hello?" Patricia pretended that she didn't know who called her.

"Alizah, it's me, Sean," Patricia's heart skipped a beat. Damn you, Sean!

"What do you want?" Patricia asked.

"I need to meet you. You have my daughter," Sean replied.

"You didn't think of your daughter in more than a month and suddenly, you remember that you have a daughter?" Patricia was triggered. "I officially have her guardianship so please don't bother calling," she added and hung up.

That fucking insensible little peace of shit. She tucked her shirt in her pant and walked out of her room to find a dressed Mads and Cassie. 

"Did you pack the medicines?" Patricia asked and Mads nodded.

"Already made appointments with a chemotherapy clinic in Naples," Mads informed.

She smiled widely and went to the car. This was going to be one hell of a week. All of everything was going to be in one place.