Chapter Three - Truth Is

_______________

And all the feelings I thought were gone

Came rushing back to me at once

Tried to smile and hide the way I felt

But I was thinking to myself

I never got over you

(Truth is) Wish I was standing in her shoes

(Truth is) And when it's all said and done

Guess I'm still in love with you

(Truth is) I never should have let you go

(Truth is) And it's killing me 'cause now I know

(Truth is) When it's all said and done

Guess I'm still in love with you - Fantasia
_______________

Omari

I slowly opened my eyelids, feeling the sun peeking through the blinds in my room. I stretched and yawned causing Brittany to roll off of me.

Last night, I was putting in work. All that shit she been talking and her fucking attitude lately has been pissing me off. On top of that I found Lanae last night, just building up more stress for me. I used fucking as my stress reliever. Simple.

I lazily sat up and stood up from the bed, butt ass naked. As I walked to the bathroom I glanced inside of the living room to see both of the girls sleep. I was thankful for that because they would've seen all my shit just swinging around if they would've seen me.

Once I entered the bathroom I closed the door behind me before I lifted the toilet seat and started pissing.

When I was done I flushed the toilet before turning on the shower. I stepped inside of it and let the water droplets hit my body.

I was going to take Queen home before taking me and Lanae somewhere alone to talk. I didn't decide on where yet, but I was thinking about IHOP or Waffle House. It really don't matter I just really need to know what's been going on with her these past three years. We both had a lot of catching up to do.

I twisted the handle and turned off the shower. I slowly stepped outside of it so I wouldn't bust my ass cause I almost did a few days ago and I wasn't about to go out like that. Got me fucked up.

When I made sure I was steady on my feet, I grabbed a towel from the rack on the wall before wrapping it around my waist. I opened the bathroom door and began making my way back to my room, but I stopped when I saw Lanae moving around on the couch.

"Lanae," I called out causing her head to snap towards me. "I just wanted to let you know that we finna be headin' out in ah minute."

She blankly looked at me before nodding her head a little and laying back down. I shook my head and entered the living room.

"Lanae."

I heard her huff before she abruptly sat up and glared at me causing me to raise an eyebrow.

She got a whole attitude and shit when I'm still pissed about what she did. She ain't got no damn right to be upset about whatever it is that she mad about. I ain't even do shit.