Chapter Ten - Say Goodbye

_______________

There's never a right time to say goodbye

But I gotta make the first move cause if I don't you're gonna start hating me

Cause I really don't feel the way I once felt about you

Girl it's not you, it's me, I kinda gotta figure out what I need, oh

There's never a right time to say goodbye

But we know that we gotta go our separate ways - Chris Brown
_______________

A Few Hours Later.

Omari

     "Hey babe," Brittany smiled as I stepped inside of the house.

     "What's good," I greeted. I glanced at the tv and noticed that she was watching Power.

"How was France," she asked while getting up from the couch and making her way over to me.

"It was coo'. Got to hang wit' ma dukes," I said before she pecked my lips. I didn't kiss her back, which caused her to give me confused look. "I gotta talk to you."

"Okay, what's up," she questioned and crossed her arms over her chest. I motioned towards the couch before we both sat down on one. I sat across from her, so I could talk to her directly.

I stared at her for a minute as I gathered my thoughts. "You know I love you, right?"

"Yeah babe, I love you too. What's goin' on?"

"I'm just tryna let you know before I start wit' what I'm finna say."

"Okay," she hesitantly said, "Is everything okay Omari? You scarin' me right now."

"To be real wit' you.. nah everything isn't okay Brittany. I've been doin' ah lot of thinkin' in France and I realized ah few things. We always arguin' and makin' up wit' sex, basically goin' back and forth doin' that over the years and it's gettin' old, ma."

I watched her raise an eyebrow, "Omari, all couples argue.. it's normal. I don't see the point in you bringin' this up."

"You'll understand once I finish," I assured her before getting straight to the point, "I'm just not feelin' this whole back and forth thing we got goin' on. We been doin' this shit since we got together and for real, for real it's stressin' ah nigga out. You outta everyone should know I don't have time to be dealin' wit' unnecessary drama 'cause I already got hella shit on my plate."

"So what the fuck are you tryna say Omari," she shouted as she hopped off the couch.

I stared blankly at her and slowly raised up off the couch before strutting over to her. She glared up at me as I towered over her petite frame, causing me to shake my head.

"You wanna know what I'm tryna say to yo' ass? Huh?"

"Yes."

"I don't feel the way I once felt 'bout you," I confessed, "I can't vibe wit' yo' ass no more and I can't do this," I pointed between me and her, "no more. It's time to go our separate ways."

"What," her voice cracked as I watched her eyes become glossy, letting me know she was about to cry.

I sighed and stepped away from her, "I'm breakin' up wit' you, Brittany. We both know what we got goin' on ain't healthy, so I'm makin' the first move."