Chapter Thirteen - Where I Stand

_______________

Tell me where I stand

Are we gonna be hand in hand

Or did I just fall in love with a friend

Tell me where I stand

We ain't' gotta move it nowhere

I just gotta know where I am - Ashanti

_______________

Excuse Errors...
Next Day.

Lanae

     "Lanae wake yo' ass up," I heard my dad yell from outside of my bedroom door. I groaned and rolled over trying to get away from the noise, but he began banging on the door.

      "Okay dad, I'm up," I shouted with my eyes closed.

     "Hurry up and get ready, Nae. We goin' out for breakfast," he said before I heard his footsteps retreat.

     I stretched my legs out and sat up inside of my bed. My body still felt tired even after hours of sleep, but I still found enough strength to get out of bed.

     After an hour and thirty minutes, I was ready to leave. I grabbed my phone off of the charger and snapped a quick selfie.

     I posted it on Instagram before I went through my notifications

     I posted it on Instagram before I went through my notifications. I saw that I had some from YouTube letting me know that Spicy Management posted a new video of Clarence and Queen and that Lil Dicky posted a new song called Freaky Friday. Then, I noticed that Omari had texted me back, last night.

I couldn't stop myself from opening it because my curiosity was overwhelming me.

Mar😩😍: Watch... when I'm done wit' my business imma fuck you up cause you keep playin' games and shit. That shit gon' stop when I see you, keep fuckin' wit' me💯

I smacked my lips, he ain't gon' do shit. I left him on read and locked my screen. I wasn't about to worry about him right now, today my focus will be on spending time with my dad.

I walked out of my room and found my dad scrolling through his iPhone X. He didn't even know how to work it, but he wanted the newest phone that was in stores.

His eyes lifted up to me causing him to sigh dramatically, "Finally! Yo' ass got me out here stravin'... looking up food and shit."

I busted out laughing. "No you didn't," I said in between laughs, "I be doin' the same thing."

He shook his head before putting his phone inside of his coat pocket, "Ah damn shame, let's go."

"Okay," I said as we both made our way to the front door, "where are we about to go?"