Chapter Twelve - Beef

_______________

I don't sleep on no beef

You know I'm on top of everything, nigga

I come on your street

Yeah

Fuck talking, let that metal bang, nigga

I don't squash no beef

I was taught to handle everything, nigga

I don't play with no beef

Run in his crib and kill everything living, you hear me? - Tee Grizzley

_______________

Three Days Later.

Lanae

     Three days

     Three days. Three days has past and I haven't spoke to Omari. I was trying to keep myself from worrying so much, but it was kind of hard. He wasn't answering any of my calls or texts. I tried to contact Bean and Nick, but I got the same result. Nothing.

     I spoke to Victoria yesterday and she told me she has only been hearing from Nick, but it's only for a short amount of time and he doesn't say much. He just checks up on her and let her know that he's okay.

Must be nice, I thought.

     I only know that Omari is okay because of what Nick tells Victoria. Which I'm thankful for because if she wasn't here I've would've been clueless.

     I sighed before I drove off inside of my new car. My dad brought me a brand new Mercedes about a month ago. He also brought Queen a car, so we were both mobile now.

      It's Friday afternoon and I was just coming from my grandma's house. I make sure I visit her as much as I can because I know she loves my company and I'm her only grandchild. We talked about my mom, old memories, and my future plans all day.

     I told her I wanted to run my own business once I got older. I just didn't know what kind of business yet. I was stuck in between running a bakery store or a dancing studio. I loved baking and wanted to learn how to decorate goods, but then again I loved dancing my ass off. It was a hard decision for me. I guess when the time comes, I'll choose the better choice.

     Minutes later I was walking through our condo door before I closed the door behind me.

     My dad was sitting on the couch watching a basketball game, but he turned his head towards me when he heard the door shut.

"Wassup baby girl," he smiled.

     "Hey daddy," I grinned a little bit before my face fell back blank.