Chapter Twenty Six - Ruff Ryders

_______________

Niggas wanna try

Niggas wanna lie

Then niggas wonder why

Niggas wanna die

All I know is pain

All I feel is rain

How can I maintain

With mad shit on my brain?

I resort to violence

My niggas move in silence

Like you don't know what our style is

New York niggas - the wildest

My niggas is wit' it

You want it? Come and get it - DMX

_______________

Excuse Errors.
Three Days Later.

Omari

     "Son?" I heard my mom call out causing me to gazed up at her

"Son?" I heard my mom call out causing me to gazed up at her. "Lanae just went to get your prescriptions."

"Aight." I nodded my head before popping the last cinnamon pretzel in my mouth.

"You know you're about to be hot when you walk outside, right?"

I chuckled. "Yeah. I'm only wearin' this hot shi- I mean stuff 'cause it's super brick in here."

"Its brick? Is it that New York slang again?" My mama asked.

I held my laugh in as I nodded my head, "Yes, ma. Brick just mean cold."

"That makes sense." She mumbled as she took a seat in the chair next to mine. She sighed before nodding her head in Lanae's direction. "I love her, son. She's so sweet and gorgeous."

       I looked over at Lanae with a smile on my face. She was patiently waiting on a nurse to bring her my medicine. I turned my attention back to my mom, "Yeah, I love her too."

      "I know you do. You make sure you keep her happy and never let her go because she is a strong young woman."

       "I'm not plannin' to let her go ever." I honestly said. "I don't think I'll be able to."

      My mama smiled at me, "Good. Don't do anything to mess this up either, understand?"

      "Dang, mama." I chuckled. "You just know imma fuck up, huh?"

      "No. I know you wouldn't do anything to intentionally hurt Lanae, but I know how women can be."

      "I do too, ma. You ain't got nothing to worry about tho' because I don't talk to that many women. My circle is small, believe it or not."