The Prince of The School

Chrom

Anna's words stuck with me. Even a week later.

Prince of The School... Why would people call me that?! I think it's dumb! I thought to myself. I asked the rest of my friends about it, and they said they knew about it! Why wouldn't they tell me?!

I picked at my mashed potatoes with my fork and let out a hearty sigh. I shouldn't get too worked up over a stupid nickname...

"Alright, that's the third time you've sighed like that. What's wrong?" Mom asked.

I jumped in my chair and flung a scoop of mashed potatoes behind me. Mom glared at me. "Err...sorry..." I chuckled nervously. "Well, I've been fixating over this dumb nickname the whole school apparently calls me..."

Dad looked up from his meal. "What is the nickname?"

"Prince of The School..." I grumbled.

"I see..." Dad rubbed his temple. "Who did you hear this from?"

"A girl in my Foods class..." I replied. "But my friends verified that people call me that."

"Oooooh! Chrom is talking to girls!" Lissa wiggled her eyebrows.

"Shut it, Lissa," I commanded.

"Don't fight, you two." Mom sighed. "Don't listen to them, sweetie. Just let this pass, ok?"

"Yes. These kinds of things last no more than a month," Dad said. "It'll be over before you know it."

I sighed in relief and smiled. "Thanks, I'm glad..."

"Chrom, if you don't mind me asking: who was this girl you were talking about?" Dad asked.

"Umm, Anna...Komodori? I think? Yeah, Anna Komodori."

"Ah! Anna! I know her!" he exclaimed.

My head shot up. "You do?!"

"Yes! She's new to the school. She's a smart girl," he said. "She wanted to get into a few of the honors classes, so we've had multiple meetings."

So she's new...that explains a lot... "Oh, I see..." But...why does she act so cold? Is it because something happened at her old school? Was she expelled for something? I have so many questions.

I shook my head and decided to return to my dinner. I should stop thinking about her so much...

Still...I can't take my mind off her for some reason...

...

"Alright, class! We have our first lab, today!" Mrs. Woods said. "All you have to do is cook something! It can be whatever you want! You can cook something by memory, or use one of the cookbooks found in your kitchens. Make sure to work with your partner! Alright, begin!"

"Alrighty, then! So, what do you want to make, Anna?" I turned to her, smiling.

Anna sighed and got up from her chair; heading over to the sink to wash her hands. "Just leave all the difficult stuff to me," she commanded.

I joined her at the sink and scrubbed my hands thoroughly. "Err...ok... But can you please tell me what we're making? Should I get the cookbook?"

Anna scoffed at me. "Of course not. We're making chocolate chip cookies. I know the recipe by heart."

"Ummm...I don't..."

"Then you can help me measure ingredients." She rolled her eyes.

I sighed to myself. Well...it's a start. I grabbed a couple aprons off the hangers and tossed one to her. "You'll need this."

She caught it with one hand. "Thanks."

She started getting out measuring cups and ingredients, naming them off and telling me how much we needed. I started measuring the butter and sugar, and I dumped them in the mixing bowl.

"Alright, what next, Anna?" No response. "Anna?" I looked over to see her on her tiptoes, reaching for something on the top shelf of the cupboard. I chuckled lightly and walked over to her. "What do you need?"

She settled back down and blushed. "I-I need chocolate chips, thanks..."

I smirked and grabbed the package of chocolate, handing them to her. "No problem."

We returned to the cookies. She instructed me on what to do and helped me bake. While we were working, I swore that I could see her smiling...

About ten minutes later, we had our cookies in the oven. I sat down and smiled at Anna. "We did pretty good, don't you think?"

"Hmf. You did well," she said. "I guess you're not that bad of a partner, after all."

I raised an eyebrow. "And what is that supposed to mean?"

"Most people don't even know how to properly cook an egg. It's somewhat rare to see people who know what they're doing when it comes to cooking," she sighed. "They rely on pre-made meals and don't know how much better a homecooked meal is..."

I glanced around at the other kitchens to see if Anna was right.

I cringed. She was.

Sully and Gaius were making a small fire in their kitchen, and Cherche kept running into and yelling at Kellam. The rest of the students we either doing ok or terribly.

"Oh, gods... You're right..."

Anna scooted her chair next to mine and nodded. "You see?" She gestured to the students once more. "I expect that we're going to be better than that?"

"Y-yeah...as long as you tell me what to do, we'll be good..."

She smirked. "Glad to hear."

Just then, the timer on the oven went off, and Anna eagerly rushed to it. She opened the oven, and I was immediately wafted with the sweet smell of the cookies.

"Those look amazing..." I exclaimed as Anna set the hot tray on the counter; making sure there was a hot-pad.

"You got that right! These turned out really well!"

Mrs. Woods walked by, smiling as she saw our creation. "Well done, you two! And excellent teamwork as well! I can't wait to try some of those cookies, later!" She wrote something down on her clipboard and continued to the next station.

"We did it, Anna!" I held my hand out to high-five her.

She smiled and went to high-five me, but stopped at the last second and looked down. "Yeah, whatever. It's only because I knew the right recipe and did most of the work."

I lowered my hand. "Hey, is something wrong?"

She glared at me. "No! Nothing is wrong! And even if there was, why would I tell you?!" She turned away. "J-just leave me alone!"

I sighed and sat down. "A-alright..."

What's her deal?! Did I offend her somehow?! I don't get it!!! Gods...this girl is impossible... I didn't mean to hurt her... It's too bad as well, I really like it when she smiles...

____________________

I know. It hurts me to write my OTP being bitter with one another. Anyway, I'm trying my best to work out a schedule for everything. Expect news on that to come out soon. Thank you so much for reading, and look forward to reading more!

Currently listening to: A Thousand Reasons: Olafur Arnalds