Scheduling

Chrom

"Ugh, why is choosing classes so hard?" Anna groaned.

I shrugged and sighed. "Dunno. It is pretty stressful."

Understatement of the millennium. I've never been so stressed out in my life. I don't know what I want to take! I don't know what I want to do with my future! I'm just trying to survive high school!

Our schedule requests for next year were due in a few days and I was as clueless as can get. I invited Anna over so we can talk about classes and fill out our requests together. I hoped that I could get some ideas from her, she seemed to know what she was doing.

Anna let out a breath and got a determined look on her face. "Alright, well, why don't we fill out what we have to do for our mandatory classes first, alright?"

I nodded. "Good plan!" I'm still confused.

"Well, I 100% know I'm taking Honors English. That's a no-brainer!" She wrote something on her paper and looked up at me. "What about you? I know you're in regular English right now, but you can still take Honors!"

I felt really clammy for some reason. "O-oh, er..." I cleared my throat. "Well, I have been thinking about taking it. But I'm afraid that I'm going to be behind everyone else. I don't think it's a good idea."

Anna shook her head and smiled. "Nonsense! You'll be fine! All we do is learn at a quicker pace and delve deeper into the subjects. Oh, and there's summer work, too."

"Yeah, totally easy."

She playfully flicked me. "Seriously, it's really fun. I'll help you with anything you need!"

My heart warmed at her words. "Th-thank you." You know? Why not? I've never taken an Honors class. How hard can it be? Plus, it increases the chance of me and Anna having more classes together. Steeling myself, I wrote my decision on the paper. "Now, a math class."

"Ugh, gag me with a spoon," Anna groaned as she collapsed on the table. "I totally regret taking Advanced Math this year! Never again!"

"So, you're just gonna take normal Algebra?"

"Yep."

I nodded. "Cool. I was planning on taking it as well." We scribbled on our papers. We both decided to take Biology instead of Environmental Science, so that had no need for conversation.

Anna sighed at the next subject. "History..."

I looked up at her. "What's wrong with History?" I asked. 

She shook her head. "Nothing. I love History! But I don't know if I want to take the advanced course or not..."

I gave her a smile. "It seems to me like you're the over-achiever! You'd do great in Advanced History!" She really would, I have no doubts about it.

She still didn't look convinced. "I-I know, but I'm wondering if it'll be too much..."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm already taking an Honors class. Taking an Advanced and Honors course will be overwhelming!" she exclaimed. "I know taking both will be a great opportunity and help me get into a good college, but I don't really know if it'll be worth it..."