042 real life

Cole and I were waiting in a hospital room, I was in a bed with coles hand intertwined into mine. We were waiting for the news, they ran tests and they did they'd have results soon.

"I'm scared, Cole," I whisper.
"It's going to be alright, you always are," he replies before leaning in to give me a peck on the kiss.
"No, I don't want to get you sick," I complain.
"I'd rather be sick than not kiss you," Cole replies with a laugh.

Suddenly a gloomy doctor comes into the room with what we assumed was news.
"So, after all the tests we ran we found cancer in your lungs," the doctor says looking me in the eyes.

I feel myself break apart inside, my body goes numb and tears run down my face. I look up at Cole and his eyes are closed and he is biting his lips, he takes a deep breath and then looks up at me.
"I'm sorry," I whimper.
"No, stop Lex. There is no reason that is your fault we will get through this," Cole replies with tears forming in his eyes.

The next few months were struggles, they spent a lot in the hospital. Alexia was bedridden for most of it, towards the end of the few months everyone was in the hospital trying new ways to stop the cancer. The most recent trial didn't succeed and everyone was worried.