Chapter 40

My parents were working in the hospital while they were out here so we all had plans to go to the carnival at 7 when they got off. Taylor and I decided not to talk about what had happened to avoid any fights. I trust Taylor and I know we can get through anything because we love each other.

All of a sudden, Taylor pushed me up against the wall getting really close to my face and said, "I wanna make this work. I wanna show you that you're perfect. That you're worth being someone's first choice. I wanna take you out and show you off to everybody. Kiss you anytime I want. Hold you close and wake up next to you in the morning. I wanna give your mom flowers and talk about man stuff with your dad. I want to be your best friend. I wanna meet everybody in your family. I wanna spend Christmas with you and so on. I haven't wanted something so bad as much as I want you. Me and you. I won't be perfect. But I promise I wanna make this work, because you're worth it."

It took me a while to let everything he said sink in. My eyes started to water. I have never had anybody love me like Taylor has.

"Taylor I-" Before I could even finish Taylor's lips were on mine. I wrapped my hands around the back of his neck to deepen the kiss.

"Don't leave me." Taylor whispered against my lips. It was moments like this that just made me melt. Words honestly can't describe how much this boy, that was inches away for me, meant to me.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked Taylor.

"Of coarse." He pecked my lips.

"Why?"

"Why what?" He asked giving me a confused look.

"You know how you said you haven't been in a relationship since 7th grade?" He nodded. "Then why me? Why not Sarah? What's so special about me?" I asked.

"Aleah, I've told you this before. Ever since I laid my eyes on you on the beach, I knew there was something different. I didn't know what at the time. I almost didn't ask you out because I had it set in my mind that a beautiful girl like you would reject me. But you know what? I took a leap of faith and grew a big pair of balls and asked you and I'm so glad I did." He said looking down at me.

I couldn't get the smile off my face. "I'm so glad I took this trip." I said hugging him.

"I got something for you." He said letting go of me and started looking through on of the drawers in the dresser. He pulled out two small boxes and came back. He opened one and it was a gold necklace with a heart locket on it. I grabbed the necklace and looked at the back and it had "Taylor & Aleah Forever and Always 6-17-13" I looked up at him breathless.

"Open it." He whispered. I opened the locket and it had a picture of Taylor and I kissing after skydiving. Our first kiss.

"Oh my god Taylor." I said wiping the tears off my cheeks. He opened the other box and it was a beautiful heart shaped opal ring with diamonds around the silver band. My mouth dropped.

"Okay don't panic. This ring is a promise ring. I have a strong feeling that we're gunna be together for a looooooong time. So I got this for you so you know that I promise to always be here for you no matter what. I love you Aleah Rose."

I couldn't hold back the tears. He slid the rings on my right ring finger and kissed the top of my hand.

"God, I'm such a lucky girl." I said embracing him into a hug.