Chapter 39

Aurora's P.O.V.

It's been a week and a lot has happened. They finally found Becky..... Dead. She was drained with blood meaning Victor got to her. Josh is doing great for a starter. He learned many things and I think he's under control. My mom been asking so many questions lately. After me always coming home late or just disappearing without her knowing. I been more cautious now though. The police thinks there a wild animal loose, attacking people and draining their blood. I guess it makes sense....

For them.

"Auri, your mom is calling you", Max says walking in my room. "Alright", I say getting up and walking downstairs with Max following. "Yes?", I ask. "Aurora honey, There's something we need to discuss", she says. "Mom if this is about me always coming home late and-", she cuts me off. "No it's not that", she says. "Then what is it?", I ask. "My boss has assigned me to a project in New York City", she says. I smile, "that's great, you always wanted to go to New York". "Yeah but the project is lasting for a month, so I'm going to have to-", I cut her off, "stay there for a month?". She nods. "When are you leaving?", I ask. "Tonight", she says. "What? And you're just now telling me about this?", I ask. "I know and I'm sorry but I'm going to have to trust you to stay on your own for a while", she says. "You're going to leave me here all by myself for a month?", I ask. "The guys can come over any time or you can go over to their house", she says, "I don't have time to explain everything to you". "Do you have everything already ready?", I ask. "Yeah, I have to leave a little early so I'll be leaving an about an hour", she says, "or now". "What?", I ask. "Sorry dear, I trust you okay? And I promise I'll call. Max take care of her. And tell the guys I said good bye", she says. "Sure thing", Max says. "Bye now hun", she says hugging Max. "Bye sweetie. It won't be long okay? Take care. I love you", she says and hugs me. "Love you too", I say. This is going to be the first time ever that I've be separated from my mom. She kisses my cheek and leaves. I stare at the door. I won't be able to see her till a month. I feel a hand on my shoulder. "She be alright Auri. This month will pass by faster than you know", Max says. "We have never ever been separated before", I say. "You'll have me! And Noah, Josh, Jayden, and Jonah", he says putting his arm around me. "I'll miss her", I say. "I'll miss her too. But she'll be back soon", he says, "now, let's go to Jonah's".

We walk In Jonah's house. "Hey guys", Jayden says. "Hey", we say. "What's wrong Auri", Noah asks putting his arm around me. "My mom left to New York for a month", I say. "What? Without saying goodbye?!?", he says. "No, she told me to tell you guys she said goodbye", Max says. "That doesn't help", Jayden says. "She was in a rush", I say. "For what though?", Jonah asks. "Job", I say sitting down. "It'll be alright Auri", Jonah says squeezing my knee. "Let's go out Auri, to feed", Noah says. I nod and get up. "We'll be back soon", Noah yells out and we walk out. "Where we going to go?", I ask. "The other side of the river", he says. I nod. "I'll race you", he yells and runs off. I laugh and run after him.

A/N- HEYY guys! Sorry I haven't updated. Been really lazy :/

Anywho, I'll try to update more okay? I PROMISE ILL TRY! THANKS FOR ALL THE READS! I REALLY REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IT! XD

Random fact

I'm ticklish

Random quote

It's not how hard you push, but in which direction

WELL BYE GUYS! LOVE YA'LL! <3