All The Small Things

Your boyfriend Jack was the CEO of a huge marketing company and was always working late. Ever since he got the position as CEO, he was always busy during the week and came home crazy late every night.

"Baby girl, I promise I will be home on time tonight. No crazy late hours tonight. I miss you. I miss spending time with you. I feel like we never see each other anymore." He says over the phone. He called you every day while he was on his lunch break, just to hear your voice and to sometimes share stories of what has happened at work.

"Please do baby. I miss seeing you too. I feel like you've been coming home later than usual these past couple of weeks." You say.

"It's just this big project we're working on. It's for one of our biggest clients and it's really important for our rep. If we do good on this, that would make our company look really good." He explains. You smile to yourself.

"I'm proud of you baby. How did I get so blessed to have such a hardworking and dedicated boyfriend?" You say.

"Hey, I gotta be banking so I can spoil my girl." He says.

"Even if you weren't banking, I'd love you no less." You say.

"I love you, baby. I gotta get back to work. I call you when I go on break later." He says.

"Okay baby." You say. He makes a kissing noise through the phone and hangs up. You lounge around the house watching tv waiting for Jack to call you back. A few hours roll by and your phone starts ringing.

"Hey, baby." You say when you answer.

"Hello, my love. Look, bad news. I'm not gonna make it home till late again tonight." Jack says, disappointment in his voice.

"Awe. No. I was looking forward to seeing you. I already had plans for what I was going to make for dinner too." You say.

"I'm sorry honey. Do you want me to order you something? Pizza? Chinese? Anything you want, it's my pleasure." He says.

"Pizza, please." You say.

"One large pepperoni on pan crust coming right up." He says. You smile at the fact that he remembered all the small details, like how you liked your pizza.

"Thank you, baby." You say.

"You're welcome, sweetheart. Again, I'm sorry I can't make it home." He says.

"Oh, it's okay. I'll just watch movies and eat pizza." You say. You talk for a little while longer until Jack has to get back to work. A little while later, the pizza shows up and you bring it into the kitchen. You set it on the counter and open it up to get a slice. A wide smile spreads across your face when you see it. All the pepperonis were arranged to say "I ♡ YOU".

"I swear, Jack is the sweetest person in the world." You say to your self. You take a picture of the pizza and text it to Jack.

"I love you too baby." You say.

"I love you more." He texts back along with a heart-eyed and smiley face emoji. You smile and make a plate. You turn on a movie and eat your pizza, enjoying it more so than usual since it came from Jack.