Chapter 13: Story time-Part 2

"What do you mean they wanted to kill me?" I asked now a little scared, something that ussaly didn't happen.

"Let me finish" Matthew replied.

I nodded and gestured for him to go on.

"When we first found out what they were really there for we fought it would be best to hide you for a few weeks so they would think that you were dead and would leave us alone, so we came up with a plan for someone to take you out of town for a while, then after a month they would bring you back and everything would go back to normal"

"I'm guessing it didn't work did it?"

He shook his head. "Every thing was going perfect until the people who were after you found out our plan" He was now looking down at the floor. "The woman who was taking care of you went into the next town and gave you to a loving family. After you were safe she came back to the cottage but on her way back she got attacked. We found her and tried to heal her wounds the best we could...Brooklyn she didn't make it."

What? The woman you was trying to care for me died? My heart sank. Eventought I didn't know the woman I couldn't help smypenthize for her family. If she did have I family I wanted to find them and give them my condolences.

"Why were the people after me? What's so special about me?" I asked.

Silence

"I think it will be easier if we explain the history of what you are" Ethan said.

"Okay so tell me"

"Can I tell her this time?" AJ asked with puppy dog eyes.

"Fine"

"Yes. Okay where to start, where to start?" he pondered to him self.

"Just start" Jane said.

"Fine okay" He took a deep breath. "Centuries ago there was a battle between werewolves and vampires. Who ever would win this battle would be able to live among humans and would gain the others land and riches. If you would loose you would be forced to live in the shadows and lost all of your land. Well at that time there was much more vampires than werewolf so the alpha king, knowing they would need help if they were to win this battle, went to the moon goddess for help. The moon goddess gave him the ability to control the four elements; fire, air, earth and water. So of course with the kings new ability, the werewolfs won the battle. After a while the king started to get greedy with his new gift and abused his power. The moon goddess was furious, so furious that she wanted to take back the gift she had given him but could not. For she could only take a way a piece. So she striped him of his ability to control air, earth and water and only left him to be able to control fire. The moon goddess then found three people who were worthy of her gift. She gave each one of them the ability to manipulate one element. For years the gift was passed on from generation to generation and till now its still being passed on."

"Could more than one child get the gift?" I asked.

AJ shook his head. "No if there was more than one child ussaly the oldest would be born with the 'gift'"

"So what does this have to do with me?"

"Remember what you saw in the forest today?" Ethan asked.

"Yeah"

Silence

"Oh my gosh you guys are one of the children that have the 'gift'" I said gesturing to AJ and Jane.

"Took you long enough" I turned around to see that Andrew was joining us once more.

I rolled my eyes and continued to talk. "Okay so AJ your water right?"