Chapter 15: Water?

Monday. Monday was the day of the week I hated the most. The day I never wanted to come. Do you know what today was? Monday. Ugh out of all days why Monday.

As I rolled out of bed I realized something. I didn't have to go to school today. Yes no school. Thank God.

Shapphire: Hey if there is no school today can we sleep in?

Brooklyn: Sure why not.

I lied back down and wrapped myself back in the silk sheets. Just as I was falling asleep I heared my door open.

"Brooklyn are you awake?" someone whispered very loudly. "Brooklyn"

Maybe if I ignore them they'll go away I thought. But I was wrong.

The person gently shook my shoulder and repeated "B, are you awake?"

"I am now" I said sitting up to see Stephine standing next to me.

"Sorry. I just wanted to check up on you"

I furrowed my brow in confusion "You check up on me? Aren't I suppose so be checking up on you?"

"Ohh...well...um" she sighed "fine you got me I came over here because I wanted to talk to you"

"Talk to me about what?"

"Well not really talk more like tell" she said as she sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Okay"

"Well um yesterday...how do I say it...you see... um"

"Steph just tell me"

"Me and AJ marked each other last night"

My eyes shot open. "What? Are you serious?"

Stephine nodded.

"Oh well congrats"

"Thanks" she said looking down.

"There's something else. What is it? Tell me"

"You know how usually when mates mark eachother there is 2 puncture wounds left behind"

"Yeah"

"Well with me and AJ there are non"

"What do you mean?"

She took a deep breath and exhaled it. She turned her back to me and pulled down he shirt so you could see the back of her neck and part of her shoulder.

I leaned forward and saw a red mark. I couldn't really see what it was so I told Stephine to remove her shirt so I could get a better look.

 I couldn't really see what it was so I told Stephine to remove her shirt so I could get a better look

(The mark on Stephines neck)

"Water" I whispered.