Do You Believe In Magic? Part 8

Victoria's Point Of View

"Tori, be honest. Do you like Luke? More than a best friend." She bore her brown eyes into my emerald green ones, and I thought for the first time since Luke and I became friends again, do I like Luke? He's really nice, and he's been my best friend for the longest time. But I was dating Andrew, I couldn't like anybody else, I took a deep breath.

"No I don't." I didn't know if I was lying yet.

"Girl, you can be straight with me. I'm not gonna tell anyone." I nodded my head and drank more of my latte, needing a change of subject immediately.

"How's Sean?" I asked, brightening up at the mention of Sean, Amanda flashed an a hundred watt smile.

"Amazing, he texted me this morning." She reached into her pocket and got out her phone showing me a text.

"Good morning beautiful." I recited, "Aww!"

"I know."

"Did he pop the big question?" I raised an eyebrow, and Amanda burst into a fit of giggles.

"We're not getting married Tor! But yes, he asked me to be his girlfriend, and of course I said, yes."

"Ah! I'm so happy for you." I exclaimed, glad that my friend had a boyfriend.

"We should totally double date." She practically jumped out of her seat and I laughed.

"Definitely."

"Yay! This is so exciting!" She grinned.

---------------------------------------------------

Amanda's Point Of View

I knew that Victoria wanted to change the subject from if she liked Luke more than she claimed to, so she changed it to Sean. I wondered why she was lying to me about liking him; she could tell me anything. I wasn't gonna run to Andrew and blab to him. Tori had never lied before, I don't know why I was doubting her more. I wondered how her and Andrew were doing, so I looked at Victoria carefully.

"How are you and Andrew?" I asked, looking in her sparkling green eyes.

"We're good.." She didn't seem interested.

"He seems to sweet, always calling you beautiful and stuff." I tried getting details out of her.

"He is, he gets jealous a lot recently. I don't know if it's good or bad." She admitted.

"Well it means he cares."

"I know he cares, though. Obviously he cares. It's just weird."

"You aren't used to it?"

"Not really. He's never been jealous of my guy friends before."

"Oh, you mean he's jealous of Luke?"

"Yeah, isn't it weird?"

"Not really, that's the way boys are hun." I comforted her, "Has he really never been jealous before?" I found that hard to believe but she merely shrugged and checked the time.

"It's almost one. I better be going back to Nate, he has a hangover." She said, showing a small smile.

"Okay. I'll catch you later." I was caught off guard, why was she so ready to go back?

"Bye!" She gave me a one arm hug and walked out of Dunkin' Donuts quickly, I watched as she walked to Nate's car and started her drive home. Why would she lie about liking Luke? Hadn't Andrew been jealous of any other guys? A thought occurred to me and I felt like smacking my head out of the obviousness, Andrew had never let any other guy that close to Victoria since they were dating!