Do You Believe In Magic? Part 14

Dustin's Point Of View

"Can I meet your family?" Victoria asked, and I inhaled sharply.

"Why would you want to meet a family of vampires?" I chuckled, darkly at the humor of her wanting to meet my family.

"I want to meet them because their your family, it doesn't matter if their vampires, werewolves, or aliens."

"I'll make a deal with you." I said, carefully, she looked at me curiously. "Go on a date with me first."

"I don't think that would be a good idea." She frowned and started playing with her hands.

"Why not?" I asked, and her phone rang. She sighed of relief and checked the ID, then smiled.

"Hey! Long time no talk." She smiled as the person answered, and I tuned into her thoughts.

"I know, right?" A males voice answered, and I recognized Luke's voice.

"What have you been up to?"

"Nothin really, I miss you Vic." She smiled and looked at me from the corner of her eyes.

"I miss you too." She replied, and I stared at the road.

"Wanna hang out tonight?" He asked, I gripped the steering wheel tightly.

"I can't, i'm with someone at the moment. Tomorrow?" She offered.

"Sounds great. I'll see you then."

"Alright. See ya."

"Bye Vic." She hung up the phone and rested it on her lap, "Why are you gripping the wheel so tightly?"

"No reason." I replied, curtly, she looked awkwardly at her phone in her lap and played with her thumbs. "So how is Luke?"

"How did you know I was talking to Luke?" She asked, and I clenched the wheel tighter, angry with myself. She hadn't said his name when they were talking, how stupid can I be? I knew she would realize it, "Did you read my thoughts?" She demanded.

"I may have." I admitted, I didn't want to lie to her. She sighed and bit her lip.

"Why?"

"I don't know...I wanted to know who you were talking to..."

"You couldn't of asked?" I shrugged, helplessly. "Please take me home."

"Victoria, I didn't think. I'm sorry."

"You violated my privacy, Dustin."

"I know and I am sorry." She shook her head.

"You don't have to read my mind to know that I want to go home. So listen." I nodded, wordlessly and I drove to her house, in an uncomfortable silence. I opened the door for her and she got out without a word.

"Victoria." She turned to me, and I saw the hurt in her eyes, "I'm sorry." She nodded and walked into her house, I felt her pain in my chest. Another special gift that came with being a vampire. I got in my car and sped away, I wished that I had thought about listening to her thoughts before I had done it. I felt bad for her, I knew how it felt to be violated in that way, her thoughts were private. She obviously wanted to keep it that way, and I really wanted to respect her wishes, she deserved it.

-----------------------------------------------

Victoria's Point Of View

I walked into my house and flopped onto my bed with an audible sigh. He read my thoughts to hear my conversation, I felt so violated. How could he do that? It was rude and I had to admit that I might have done that if I had his gift. I didn't wanna hold a grudge against him, but then he basically kind of disrespected me? I was about to fight with myself some more when I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I took it out and checked the ID.