Do You Believe In Magic? Part 20

Dustin's Point Of View

"So, what did you and the dog do?" I asked, casually. Victoria inhaled sharply.

"Nothing really. Just hung around, mostly."

"Mm. Well you reeked of dog." I murmured, as she laid on my hollow chest.

"Obviously." I could hear annoyance in her tone. "Two showers in one day. Ridiculous."

"I worry when you go there." My mouth tugged down at the corners.

"Well you don't have to be. Plus; i'm now cleaner than necessary. Squeaky, as a matter of fact."

"Squeaky?" I chuckled and kissed the top of her head.

"Squeaky clean." I chuckled whispered 'I love you' over and over until she fell asleep.

In the morning, the sun streaked into her room and she turned to me, looking thoughtful.

"What are you thinking about?" I brushed a strand of hair behind her ear.

"How lucky it was for you to move here." She whispered, I kissed her nose lightly.

"I'll see you outside." She smiled a little and watched as I left through her window.

She was waiting when I got to her house. When we got to the school, she immediately locked hands with me, I squeezed her hand gently.

"Did you make up with him?"

"Yes." She answered simply as the bell rang and we separated, reluctantly.

After school, while I waited for Victoria, Logan and Kristen walked up to us.

"Joesph wants to go hunting tonight." Logan informed me. "Hey Tori."

"Hi Logan." Victoria came to my side, I wrapped an arm around her waist as we walked.

"Are you coming?" Kristen asked me, knowing I didn't want to leave Victoria.

"I don't know." I frowned, looking at Victoria carefully.

"Come on." Logan groaned. Victoria saw me looking, and took my arm.

"Go with them." She encouraged with a smile.

"But what about you?"

"I'll be okay."

"What will you do?"

"Maybe i'll go see Luke." We walked outside, I saw Kristen cringe.

"What is that?" She gasped horridly. Victoria grinned as she saw him leaning on his car.

"That would be a dog." Logan narrowed his eyes.

"That would be my best friend." Victoria spoke, still grinning.

"Hey Vic." He grinned. I listened to what he was thinking-Will she lay on me like yesterday?-I groaned.

"Dustin! What's wrong?" Victoria's eyes glittered with concern.

"Can I talk to you for a quick second?" Victoria nodded and we walked to the side.

"What's wrong?" She reached for my hand, and held it in her hand comfortingly.

"Him. You laid with him." My voice sounded sharper than I meant it to.

"It was cold." She explained. "I love you, Dustin." She reached up and kissed my lips.

"I love you." Realizing the difference between laying with me and laying with him.

"Keep him occupied." She winked at Kristen as we walked back.