Do You Believe In Magic? Part 26

Victoria's Point Of View

I walked into study hall and took a seat by Amanda, we smiled at each other.

"Hey Mandy." She grinned at me.

"Hey Tori!"

"We haven't talked much lately." Someone tapped my shoulder before she could respond and I turned.

"Hey Jesse." He smiled that charming smile at me.

"Hello. Can we talk?" I looked at Amanda and was about to say something but she cut me off.

"You talk to him. I'll call you later." She smiled and moved a couple seats over, I looked at Jesse again.

"Sure. I didn't know you're in this class." He sat beside me.

"I asked my teacher if I could be in here and get my work later, little mortal." He winked and chuckled.

"By asked you mean you used compulsion?" I asked in a whisper, he grinned wickedly.

"It's a gift." I laughed and shook my head.

"I wish I could use compulsion." His face fell and he looked at me in confusion and opened his mouth.

"Jesse." Dustin hissed, interrupting him. I hadn't realized he had entered the room, I looked at him.

"Hello." Jesse smirked at Dustin and waved innocently.

"What are you doing here?" He glared at him but Jesse's smirk stayed.

"I got permission." Dustin glowered and sat on the other side of me. I leaned back in my chair.

"Well, this is fun." I smiled cutely and Jesse chuckled.

"I could get us out of this class and your and my next classes if you want to go shopping."

"No way." I laughed. "We can go after school instead." He chuckled under his breath.

"Goody two shoes!" He teased, I stuck out my tongue at him.

"Fine. Let's go." He stood up. "I'll see you later, Dustin." I smiled at him and stood up with Jesse.

"Bye." He forced a smile and I followed Jesse to the desk, he grinned at the teacher.

"We need to go to the office. Is that okay?" The teacher's eyes glazed and nodded vacantly. "Thank you." He purred and took my wrist. He pulled me out of the room and I giggled.

"Good job." I smiled and he let go of my wrist.

"You haven't seen anything yet." He winked and strode into the office. "Hello." He stared into the woman's eyes. "My friend and I are leaving early. Could you write us a pass?"

"Sure." She nodded slowly and he grinned charmingly.

"Thank you so much. Victoria Greene and Jesse Michaels." He turned around and winked at me.

"Michaels? You don't have the same name as the rest of them?" I asked as we left the school.

"Nope." He said simply and we got in his car. I didn't prod and he didn't explain.

"So, where are we going? I don't have money."

"Why do you need money?" He started driving and I looked at him in confusion.

"To buy a dress." It came out sounding more like a question than a statement.

"You are not buying your own dress. I'll buy it for you." He scoffed.

"What? You don't have to, Jesse." He shook his head.

"I am. Don't bother arguing." I laughed.

"Do I really need a dress?" I tried, he chuckled.