I'll Always Protect You

Ross's POV:

I held Laura close in my arms during the kiss. I knew I was holding my entire world right here. She was the one I wanted to be with forever. Her lips slowly left mine. I leaned my forehead against hers. We both smiled at each other. I cradled us back and forth.

Ross: You wanna head out now? :)

Laura: If I had the choice I'd stay here with you forever. :)

Ross: *giggles* I know you would. :)

Laura: *smiles* It is getting a little cold. :)

Ross: I'll keep you warm. :) *smiles and wraps his arms completely around her*

Laura: *smiles and hugs him as well, leaning the side of her head on his chest*

We gently swayed back and forth. I honestly never wanted to leave. This night was absolutely perfect. My princess in my arms. A beautiful starry night. It was all just amazing. Laura slowly looked up at me and rested her chin on the center of my chest. I smiled down at her and brought my face close to hers. I felt the tips of our noses touch. We giggled.

Laura: We can go if you want. :)

Ross: Okay. :) But I'm still gonna cuddle with you tonight. :)

Laura: *smiles* Deal. :)

I smiled and then let go of her. I went over to all of the candles and blew them out. I turned around and saw Laura's back facing me. She was looking down at something. I walked over to her from behind and peeked over her shoulder. She was holding one of the small glass cups that held a small red candle inside. It was still burning. I saw her smile, which made me smile too. I brought my arms around her from behind and placed my hands underneath hers, which were still holding onto the glass cup. The light sparkled off her hair. I brought the side of my head and put it right next to hers. I kissed her ear. She looked up at me from behind.

Laura: The candle of our love. :)

I smiled. I slowly leaned in and gently let my lips press onto hers. I kissed her for a few seconds, then let go.

Ross: Our candle's light of love will never blow out. :)

She smiled. She then walked out of my arms and went over to the small pond the river flowed into. She sat down on the rocks around it. She carefully set the glass cup in the pond, letting it float on the water. I smiled. She looked up at me. I held out my hand. She grabbed it and we both headed off back out of the park. I looked up at the moon and stars. They were shining brightly. And there was a gentle breeze in the air that hit my face. Probably signs of fall. We walked out of our little area and into the park. The park closed about an hour ago. We walked a little bit, but that's when I saw a glow coming from by the sidewalk. It was a security guard! I stopped walking. Laura stopped too, but I don't think she knew why we did.

Laura: Whats wrong?

Ross: Shhh.

She looked at to where my eyes were. I think now she knew why I stopped.

Ross: Okay, follow me.

I took her hand and slowly backed away. We started walking in the opposite direction of the guard. It's usually not a big deal if your in the park 5 minutes after it closes. But when it closes an hour ago, the guards get mad. That's when we heard a voice.

???: Hey, you!!!

We quickly turned around. The guard shone his flashlight in our direction. We spun around again and started running down the sidewalk.

Guard: HEY!! STOP RIGHT THERE!!

I grabbed Laura's hand as we ran out of the park. I could still see the gleam of the flashlight chasing us. We both ran down the street and crossed the road.