The Love Triangle Begins

*Later That Day*

Laura's POV:

We all came home and just decided to relax for a while. Ratliff and Rocky have really grown on me. Not for any special reason, just keeping me at their side at all times while playing their dumb video game.

Ratliff: Hey Rocky, give Laura the controller and let her play for a while!

Laura: What? Me?

Ratliff: Yea c'mon!

Rocky pauses the game and handed me the controller. I slowly grabbed it from his hands. Ratliff unpaused the game for me and started to play. I literally just sat there, not knowing what to do.

Ratliff: C'mon Laura!

Laura: Do you expect me to know how to play this!?

Ratliff: Yes!

I rolled my eyes. Suddenly, a pair of arms come around me. I turn my head and smile, realizing it was just Ross. He gave me a smile too and put both of his hands over mine. His fingers moved on the controller as my character started to walk. I leaned up against Ross while allowing him to still move my fingers on the controller. We just kept at this for a while. Soon, I got the hang of it and Ross seemed to take notice. He took his hands off the controller but kept his arms around me. He slid his arms under mine and held my stomach in his arms. I relaxed my head on his shoulder.

Ratliff: LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU!!

Laura: IM GOIN IM GOING!!!

So that just kept on going on and on for a little bit. Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I paused my character.

Laura: I'll be back, someone's calling me.

Ratliff: Okay. 'he says eyes still glued to the TV'

I smiled and rolled my eyes. I got up off the couch and went into the kitchen where it was a little more quiet. I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at the screen. Jeff. I smiled and right away flipped it open.

*CONVO*

Laura: Hey Jeff!

Jeff: Hey Laura! Told you I'd call you. :)

Laura: *giggles* Whats up?

Jeff: Well if you're not busy at the moment maybe you and I could go walk down Main Street for a while! We could maybe grab something to eat and just hang out for a little!

Laura: Yea sure! Sounds fun!

Jeff: Awesome! So do you maybe wanna meet up someplace or...

Laura: Yea! Why don't we just meet up at the park and we'll go from there!

Jeff: Sounds like a plan! Okay I'll see you in a few!

Laura: See you later! Bye!

Jeff: Bye!

*END OF CONVO*

Ross's POV:

As I was playing the video game, I heard Laura's faint voice in the kitchen.

Laura: Hey Jeff!

Jeff? Who's Jeff? Oh great, here we go again. But, not to worry. We've been through this. And I know there is a good explanation. I listened a little closer to the conversation Laura's conversation. There wasn't much to hear. Until I heard something that caught my attention.

Laura: "Yea! why don't we just meet up at the park and we'll go from there!"

Wait, so now she's meeting up with him? I don't want to jump to conclusions, but... who is Laura talking to? After a minute more, she told him goodbye and it sounded like she hung up. I rounded the corner into the kitchen and saw her smiling down at her phone. She looked up at me.