Chapter 3: The First Time

~Kaitlynn’s Point of View~

Niall brought some of his mates over, so I thought I’ll just stay in my room and not bother any of them. Anyways Niall doesn’t want me around and especially not in front of his mates.

“Katy!” Dad called me from downstairs. “Can you come here for a minute?”

“Yeah?” I asked once I reached the kitchen where he was sitting.

“Can you go ask Hannah if she’s staying for dinner tonight?” he asked. Niall and Hannah have been dating for a few weeks now and she would occasionally stay for dinner, but when she stayed I usually didn’t look at her or even talked to her.

“S-s-sure.” I stuttered shyly and turned on my heels.

“Katy,” Dad called after me. “Seriously, you’re 14. This has to stop. You’ll be fine.” He said in frustration. I sighed quietly and hopped up the stairs, focusing on choosing my words carefully to prevent the stuttering. Hannah, Dad wanted to know if you’re… if you’re… if you’re staying for… dinner! I recited in my head a few times before knocking on Niall’s room door.

“What?” Niall called behind it, annoyed.

“Uh…” I opened, but couldn’t find the words. I tried to recite the small question again, but couldn’t.

“Oh it’s just Kaitlynn.” Hannah laughed behind the closed door. A few other people laughed with her, including Niall, and the door opened, revealing the very amused Hannah behind it.

“What do you want, Kaitlynn?” Niall spat from his bed where he was probably sitting with Hannah before she opened the door. He had his guitar in his lap and he was resting his right arm over it lazily.

“Uh… erm… Dad… Dad w-w-wanted t-t-to kn-know i-if Han-nah is st-t-taying f-f-for d-d-dinner.” I stuttered through the whole question and felt my cheeks burning up from shame. My tears rushed to join the embarrassment, but I wouldn’t let them fall until I was safe behind my own room door. They all immediately started laughing their arses off.

“She’s such a loser.” Some lad whispered to his mate. There were three lads: Niall and two others that I didn’t know the name of, and Hannah.  The other lad made an agreeing noise and Niall chuckled quietly, nodding his head with a huge grin.

“No, I have to go soon.” Hannah replied, a bit agitated.

“Hey Kaitlynn,” the lad who called me a loser addressed me with a grin to his voice. I raised my head up just to see his expression and then dropped it down immediately.  “You know, Seamus here likes you.” He smirked at his mate and gave me a wink. My cheeks turned to a whole new shade of blood and my whole body was shaking from embarrassment. Seamus was fit, alright, but did he really like… me? Why me? Wait… he likes… me!

“Y-y-you d-d-do?” I stuttered shyly. My response was loud laughing from everyone in the room.

“You fucktard!” Seamus laughed at his mate so hard that he had to clutch to his stomach.

“You should’ve seen her face, though!” The other lad roared with laughter. I let out two tears slip down and then I just ran to my room, slamming the door behind me. I could still hear the loud laughters coming from the room next to mine.

“She actually made my mum so pissed that she drove us back here before our weekend was fucking over. And she just went away that one night and came back at midnight. It made my nana completely worried!” Niall told everyone with a pissed off tone.

“Why me?” I sobbed into my hands. “Of all people in the world, why did you have to give my parents me? Why me? Why would you make them suffer from a child like me?” I cried harder and harder until I felt my throat tighten and my tears dry up.