Chapter 30: Eyelash Wishes

Author’s Note:

Hey guys! I usually wouldn’t do this little note before a chapter and just let you all try and figure the story by yourselves, but I had to make sure this next chapter (or at least the beginning of it) doesn’t confuse you too much… so basically I’m going to start the chapter off with Kaitlynn’s point of view, but jumping rather quickly around the story. She’s going to start off with the person who woke her up on Christmas morning by ringing her, just so it’ll give you a better grip on what the hell’s going on with the previous chapter. Okay, I’m going to shut up now… enjoy!

~Kaitlynn’s Point of View~

My head was pounding immensely and painfully like I’ve never felt it before, but I still had to answer to the person ringing me. I recognised the ringtone immediately, for only Tom was put this tune for when he rings. This was the first time I got to hear the song “Too Late” covered by 5 Seconds of Summer and not search it specifically on YouTube. I suppose you could say that if anyone else would’ve rang me right now, regardless of their set ringtone or who it is, I wouldn’t have woken up, but because it was Tom who rang I did wake up.

I arrived a little too late to pick up and dialled his number shakily as my eyes tried to focus on a set spot without burning or tearing.

“I want you back, Kaitlynn.” He said with a sad pout in his voice. My heart was beating fast and I was scared. I was scared of what the lad at the mall said yesterday and of the said Bailey and of course, I was scared first and foremost of Tom.

“I-I-I…” I stuttered without the ability to speak.

“I still love you. Do you still love me?” I didn’t know if he was sincere or not, but I knew that I sure as hell still had strong, stupid feelings for the lad who broke my heart more than a few times.

“Y-yes.”

“Come to where I met you tonight at midnight.” The sincerity and honesty were completely erased and gone from his voice now and were replaced by superiority and authority.

“I-I-I…” I stutter, not knowing how to respond or reject.

“You don’t want me to ask again, trust me.” Something in his voice made me cringe at the thought that he was right. The lad at the mall said I would regret not obeying and that they, whoever “they” are, can hurt the people I care most about. Well, they said “family”, but what if they accidentally mistake Luke, Mike, Calum, and Ashton for my family? I can’t take the chance of them hurting anyone around me. “Now then, I will see you tonight at midnight exactly where I saw you the other night. Come alone.” And he hung up.

***

Whilst Ashton was showering I tried to restrain and control my breathing, but seeing that I was already late and had no idea what to tell anyone, I couldn’t. I shakily wrote down a small note presenting his final Christmas gift in the black box and attached it to it with some sellotape, seeing that once I’m gone he would probably check my room, so I left it there near my painting stand. About a minute after that, just as the tap turned off in the shower, I ran out the door as quietly as I can.