Chapter 4: 15

~Kaitlynn’s Point of View~

“Katy, come on!” Dad shouted from behind the door to my room. I examined myself in the mirror once more to see if I was at least somewhat presentable and then exited the bathroom and then my bedroom.

“Oh why does she have to come?” Niall whined when he saw me carrying a small backpack.

“She’s your sister.” Dad scolded.

“No, it’s okay. I’ll stay here if Niall doesn’t want me to come.” I said, trying to sound as mature as possible. “Besides, I never wanted to be on the telly, anyways.” I said simply. Dad sighed and just tiredly motioned with his arm towards the car.

“Try not to fight.” He told us and locked the house behind him once we were out. “Niall, your mam’s coming and she’ll meet us in Dublin.” Niall nodded simply and got in the car next to Dad.

“Just don’t let Kaitlynn scare her away again.” He mumbled just loud enough for me to hear.

“Fuck off…” I mumbled quietly and leant against my palm on the window. Suddenly, I remembered that I didn’t take anything… well… sharp with me. “Oy Dad?” I stopped him from driving away quite yet.

“Did you forget anything?” he asked. I nodded shyly and he sighed, parking the car. Niall grunted and leant further in his seat, obviously agitated by me.

I shot myself up to my room and rummaged through my things under the pillow until I reached the scissors and the razor blade. I looked at both and weighed my options. The razor blade would be a lot more convenient to carry, but it’s a lot more painful and makes deeper cuts that won’t heal so nicely. The scissors cause more pain, though, and that’s what I was looking for. I sighed and decided to take both, tucking the razor in my pocket and the scissors in my left boot.

“I just remembered I have everything I have.” I lied when I got back to the car. Niall grunted loudly and Dad sighed.

“I guess it’s best to check, eh?” he tried to calm Niall down and somewhat himself…

“Can we please just leave her here?” Niall asked seriously.

“Stop it!” Dad shouted at him. “One more word, from either one of you, and you’re not going.” He warned us, but aimed at Niall.

“Why is it my fault?” he yelled out. “It’s not my fault she’s a fuck up…” he mumbled the last part and I just wish I didn’t hear it.

“I hope you get through today.” I said with a smile to my voice, making sure Dad saw me being nice, but also knowing the reason behind my words. If Niall gets through, I won’t have to deal with listening to his shit all the time.

***

“Niall Horan?” the manager called Niall’s name, indicating his turn was up. I swear, I have no idea how he can be so cocky, knowing that thousands of people are going to watch him sing live.

“Where are you from? How old are you?” someone else asked him.

“I’m Niall Horan, I’m 16, and I’m from Mullingar, in the midlands of Ireland.” Niall replied with a smile.

“Alright, kid. You’re on. Good luck.” He told him and gave Niall a strong pat on the back, to which Niall smiled cockily. I rolled my eyes at him and focused on being invisible from the cameras.

“Alright, Dublin?” Niall asked to the microphone.

“What’s your name?” the Irish judge asked him with an amused smile. He probably thought Niall was too cocky to be on the stage for the first time.