Chapter 16: If You Know What's Best for You

~Niall’s Point of View~

I missed Kaitlynn so much, that I just told Paul I’d get her myself. I haven’t seen her in about 6 months and I was going out of my mind now. I don’t think I even missed Greg, Mam, or Dad that much. For some reason, Kaitlynn was just missed even more. Maybe it’s because I haven’t exactly been her… well… brother for more than a month in my entire life.

When I parked the car Paul lent me, since I couldn’t risk people seeing that I came with the van everyone already recognised, I quickly put on my hoodie and shades so that no one would know it’s me. I got out quickly and my heart was beating so fast in expectation to finally meet Kaitlynn again. I didn’t even let any of the lads to come with me. I kept walking straight to where I told her to meet me, only when I saw her… she wasn’t alone.

“Kaitlynn!” I shouted at her as she was punched to the ground by some man. I didn’t even think twice before lunging at him with my fists and getting him off of her. “You fucking arsehole, leave my sister alone!” I was so pissed and raged that I just punched him and kicked him so fast that he couldn’t do anything to me.

“Fine, fine. I’m done with her, anyways. Let go of me, you fucker!” he shouted out to my face and broke apart. So that’s Tom…

“If you ever hurt my sister one more time… I will kill you! You fucking nothing!” I kicked him in the bollocks, which I was positive weren’t even there, and left him on the ground. “Oh my God! Kaitlynn!” she was curled up on the ground with her lip bleeding and a cut on her forehead. I gently picked her up and pressed her against my chest as I jogged to the car. She was out cold and I didn’t know how to even take her into the car. I didn’t want to hurt her and she looked completely broken. What the hell did he fucking do to her? What did she ever do to deserve this? I carefully put her in the backseat and tightened the safety belt on her waist, and then went to my side of the car and drove away without even looking back at that arse.

***

“What the hell happened?” Paul shouted as soon as I opened the door to my flat, causing everyone to turn their heads towards us. I didn’t expect them all to be in my flat, but I guess they missed Kaitlynn as well.

“She has a peculiar taste in arseholes.” I muttered angrily and laid her on the couch Zayn, Harry, and Louis were sitting on but cleared it for her.

“Mate, she looks terrible!” Liam said worriedly and hurried to the bathroom. He came back after a minute with a wet towel in his hands. I stepped away just a little bit so he could clean up her face from all the blood and dirt. She flinched a little bit, which made all of us sigh in relief because she was waking up, but still broke my heart a little from the pain she felt.

“Katy…” I whispered to her ear and stroked her hair. She shut her eyes tightly and turned her head away from the towel.

“We’re almost done, love. Just a little bit more.” Liam said softly. She sat still, but only because she was scared. Whatever that arsehole did to her, he ruined everything I tried to build back in her. I thought in defeat. She was petrified and her fists were clenched. “All done.” Liam announced and drew back.

“Katy, I don’t know what the hell he did to you, but you’re safe now. I would never hurt you. None of us would ever hurt you.” I cooed in her ear.

“Maybe we should go.” Louis said softly and nudged at Harry’s chest so that he would stand up and leave, but he didn’t. Honestly… did Harry fancy Kaitlynn or something? I sent him a pleading expression and he left after Louis. Liam and Zayn were next to leave and Paul was the last, after taking a last look at Kaitlynn.