Chapter 24: Paranoia, Anxiety, Mood Swings?

~Kaitlynn’s Point of View~

“Kathy,” I heard Ash softly call my name and nudging at my shoulder so that I would wake up. I slowly fluttered my eyes open and looked at his warm smile. “Sorry to wake you, but we’re here. If you’re really tired, I could carry you up there.” No! I’m too heavy for him to carry… no matter what and who, don’t let anyone carry you. I thought in panic.

“No!” I said a little bit too quickly. “I’m awake, so there’s no need to carry me.” I added with a soft smile.

“Okay then…” he mumbled to himself.

“Need any help with the luggage?” I asked in order to change the topic.

“Uh… sure. Thanks.” He smiled warmly and opened the boot. “No, wait, I’ll take that one. You can take the small one.” He said quickly and tried to pull the huge suitcase from my hands, though I didn’t let go and just headed towards the flat in the second floor. It was definitely heavy and difficult to carry around and I honestly think it was at least my body weight, which was very heavy. Still, I took it as efficiently as I can back to the flat where everyone were already there and watching some film.

“Took you a while!” Niall exclaimed and rushed towards the door to take the luggage away from my already burning hands.

“You can count on your sister to be a true gentleman.” Ash joked with a nudge at my ribs, which knocked the wind out of me and made me hiss in pain. A bruise was forming for sure, but it couldn’t have been this forceful, right? How are the smallest things so painful?

“You should’ve rang me. I would’ve come down and helped out!” Niall said with a small pout, but it soon changed to a welcoming smile as he beckoned us both into the warmed flat.

“I got you somethin’.” Ash whispered to my ear with a huge obvious smile. I turned my head quickly to face him, but he just beamed innocently as if he had no idea why I was shocked.

“You shouldn’t have gotten me anything.” I said quietly, but I couldn’t contain my smile.

“It’s not much. Actually, it’s nothing really. I just thought you’d like it…” he said and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

“Calum’s goin’ with Zayn and Luke is goin’ with Liam. Do you want to stay here with Mike for the next two nights till Lou and Harry are back?” Niall asked Ash with a warm smile.

“Or you could come with either one of us, if it’s too crowded for ya.” Liam added and motioned between him and Zayn.

“I’ll stay here, I guess, but thanks for the offer.” Ash said politely with a huge beam. I couldn’t help but to break a small smile at the thought of Ash sleeping in the same flat as me. Wait, I still have to get the pills…

“Katy, you okay?” Niall called my attention back to reality. I quickly shook my head to step out of my trance and flashed him with my most convincing fake smile.

“I have to go somewhere for an hour.” I mumbled quietly and dropped my head so I won’t have to meet his eyes.

“Now? But it’s already dark… I don’t want you to go alone. I’ll come with you and –“

“No!” I cut him off quickly. Too quickly. Still, he couldn’t come with me. I can’t let him. “I mean… I’m just going to… em… buy some… you know…” I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly in hope that he wouldn’t make me say the embarrassing lie I came up with.

“Oh!” he exclaimed and blushed insanely. “I’ll drop you off, then.” He said once he regained his “cool”.

“No, it’s okay. You have guests.” I replied politely with a smile and reminded him of his 6 guests.