Chapter 28: Wherever, Not Here

~Ashton’s Point of View~

My head was pounding and even through my closed eyes I could see the penetrating and painful lights. I brought my hands to shield my face from the strong lights, but was stopped when I realised where they were resting – on someone’s waist and under their neck. I felt around with my fingertips, feeling the soft, thick hair. Kaitlynn? How did we end up in bed together? I felt around a little more. This isn’t a bed. It’s a floor… we’re on the floor? Wait, did we have sex or something? No, I don’t think so. We’re both fully dressed. What happened last night?

“Ash, you up?” Luke asked in a whisper. I opened my eyes slightly and looked at his sick-looking face. He, too, was hungover. “Merry Christmas. Got any Advil?” I would smile, but my head was killing me, so I just shook it slightly.

“In my green bag, second zip.” Liam groaned and pointed somewhere in the general direction where he thought the green bag was. Luke grunted from the frustration of having to get out of the comfortable cocoon to fetch the medicine, but we all knew he would do it eventually.

“You go get it.” He whispered to me.

“Don’t want to wake her up!” I whisper-shouted with almost no voice. Calum was the one to surprise us with getting up and fetching the Aspirin.

“Just… stop talking. You’re getting me a headache.” He whispered and threw the pills at Luke.

“How the hell am I supposed to swallow it? With wine?” he complained and made Calum, Liam, Zayn, Harry, and I laugh. Calum sighed and walked to the kitchen, returning after a moment with a large cold water bottle from the fridge, which he threw at Luke.

“Get me some, too.” I whispered after Luke took the Aspiring with a huge refreshing sip. The bottle was passed to everyone else before it got to me, which made me huff in annoyance, but I was still happy to get it.

“I’m gonna make breakfast, pancakes good with everyone?” Harry asked quietly as he carefully stepped over everyone in his way. We all agreed hungrily and he disappeared into the kitchen within seconds.

“Do you wanna watch some film meanwhile?” Louis asked with a small smile.

“What do they have?” Calum asked back.

“I don’t know… name a genre and we’ll find something.” Liam replied.

“We could watch some rom-com.” Luke suggested. “She’s a girl, she’d like that shit, won’t she?”

“Yeah, sure, whatever works.” Mike grunted and turned on his side so he was facing away from us. What’s gotten into him?

“Damn it, it’s so cold in here!” Harry complained and rubbed his arms for warmth.

“Yeah, but Ash’s got it covered, don’t you, Ash?” Louis winked at me and motioned for everyone to see Kaitlynn in my arms, engulfed like a baby. A shivering baby…